Heritage Owners Club

Calling all 5E3 owners!

ElNumero

My 5E3 clone has a burned out power lamp. I removed the jewel and the lamp looks black, and noticed it sits almost flush with the panel. What is the proper way to remove the bulb so I can replace it? 

And secondly, are these bulbs readily available, like at Batteries and Bulbs or is it a special bulb that I would have to source from an amplifier parts company?

Cheers!

It's a #47 pilot lamp, I've seen them at Ace Hardware before in the hardware section; but it's been quite a while since I've had to look for one. Readily available online in worst case. It's a push down and twist to remove and can be a bit tricky sometimes, but should come out without too much fuss. 

1 hour ago, kbp810 said:

It's a #47 pilot lamp, I've seen them at Ace Hardware before in the hardware section; but it's been quite a while since I've had to look for one. Readily available online in worst case. It's a push down and twist to remove and can be a bit tricky sometimes, but should come out without too much fuss. 

Brian, since you were the builder, I was hoping that you would chime in. The problem with "push and twist" is that there is not much to grab on to, as the top of the bulb kind of sits flush in the socket. Tips or tricks?

6 hours ago, kbp810 said:

Yup it popped up when I pushed it in, gave it a slight turn to the left and bingo!

Archived