Heritage Owners Club

Hello All! I'm infrequent here but member since 2009 ~ wondering about 'old vintage' vs 'new improved'

michaeljames

On 9/16/2021 at 11:39 PM, High Flying Bird said:

Did you heal well from the bike wreck?

I would say yes, definitely. I am back on the trails and can stand up and mash the cranks without any pain and I can toss the bike around like I used to. However, I cannot commit to going down hill like I used to, I don’t have it in me to ever go through this again so I take it easy and ride the brakes and control my speed now. 

50 minutes ago, zguitar71 said:

I would say yes, definitely. I am back on the trails and can stand up and mash the cranks without any pain and I can toss the bike around like I used to. However, I cannot commit to going down hill like I used to, I don’t have it in me to ever go through this again so I take it easy and ride the brakes and control my speed now. 

When you get older you get, well older, and smarter.  Don't give up on your passion but give up some of the abandon.  I am glad to hear you are feeling well again.  You took a lick.

2 hours ago, zguitar71 said:

. However, I cannot commit to going down hill like I used to, I don’t have it in me to ever go through this again so I take it easy and ride the brakes and control my speed now. 

You grew up some. No reason to risk it on the downhills without being organized competition.  As Bob Dylan said, your pride ain't poison.

I feel that the older Heritage guitars are terrible. If you own an older Heritage and are now ashamed to be seen with it, please call me.

If you have suddenly realized that your H-140 or old fashioned looking H-357 is no longer the newest attraction, please contact me. Let me 

take those "old "guitars off your hands and help get you into a "Custom Core". 

I am here to help.

y2kc

Unknown.thumb.jpeg.bdf539edf6252f2d9cfde5f7bb4ed21f.jpeg

On 9/18/2021 at 4:33 AM, High Flying Bird said:

When you get older you get, well older, and smarter.  Don't give up on your passion but give up some of the abandon.  I am glad to hear you are feeling well again.  You took a lick.

Wise words.

As I've gotten older, I've learned to at very least take a big whiff before I take a lick.

Caution is a virtue.

8 hours ago, GollyGeeAwwSchucks said:

Caution is a virtue.

Amen to that.  I am having to do my best to be cool.  I turned 60 a few months ago. 

Archived