Heritage Owners Club

Need a Locking Tuner Recommendation

OldStan

Ok , I tried earlier to find a good locking tuner set to upgrade my used 575, any Recommendations sisters and brothers?

Sorry ElChoad , I should correct my title to say Direct Fit No Drilliing.

Sorry to waste your time, as the Grovers need drilling to install, (unless u am mistaken) 

and for me sadly that’s not an option anymore.

2 hours ago, OldStan said:

Sorry ElChoad , I should correct my title to say Direct Fit No Drilliing.

Sorry to waste your time, as the Grovers need drilling to install, (unless u am mistaken) 

and for me sadly that’s not an option anymore.

Sorry about the confusion. I am not that familiar with the 575. My 150 had Grover 18:1s from the factory, so it was an effortless swap. What is stock on the 575?

I know you already decided -- I just saw this post -- but having tried the GraphTech Ratio tuners, I would never go with anything else.  Each tuner has a different ratio, specific to the string gauge, ranging from 39:1 to 12:1 -- makes tuning significantly easier and faster (and probably more accurate), getting to the right pitch (e.g. you won't "overshoot" when tuning the low E anymore, etc).  And -- they come with these little, thin mounting plates that make them install-able on most any guitar, without drilling.  You probably have to experience them to fully appreciate what I am saying.  Expensive, but well worth it in my opinion.

yeah goSteelers , I thought of GraphTech, and they appear to be a fine choice, but the price would add up with my 4 Heritage guitars.

I even tried going American made, with no luck.

Your logic and points are highly appreciated, and if what I ordered last night fails, GraphTech will be in the running.

Thanks for sharing the helpful knowledge, friend.

Oh, and goBuccaneers! ?lol ?

Archived