Heritage Owners Club

9/25/2021 Is Heritage selling directly from the factory?

HANGAR18

1 minute ago, ElChoad said:

For that kind of money, it should be ready to rock. I don't blame you one iota. I would do the same thing. Hands down.

That should have been caught by Heritage QC.  Good news is that it’s an easy fix.  

10 hours ago, brentrocks said:

Not familiar with that bridge system?

I guess not. I don't know why there is a slotted nut with a round thing in the middle of that same slot on the bridge height adjustment post.

Also, that new Gibson guy who came over to Heritage in the Custom Core video said that the stoptail piece should be sitting flat onto the body of the guitar. So is your stoptail messed up so that it won't screw down all the way? Or, if you do screw it down all the way, will the strings hit the back of the bridge? (Which is not supposed to happen.)

19 hours ago, ElChoad said:

And the 24-48 month interest free payments don't hurt, either. But I try to keep my balance low. Credit rating crap. (It doesn't always work)

I could have put the Custom Core on a regular credit card, but I already racked that up because I just bought a PRS Gary Grainger 5-string bass to keep my Carvin 5-string bass company, a 5-piece set of Paiste 2002 Big Beats cymbals and some extra stands (because I still have the Sabian AAX Freq cymbal set installed on the same drum set), a limited edition Heritage H155, a BLAZE BBQ grill for grilling on the deck and an Original Pakmule for my truck. So the credit card is full.

11 hours ago, HANGAR18 said:

I guess not. I don't know why there is a slotted nut with a round thing in the middle of that same slot on the bridge height adjustment post.

Also, that new Gibson guy who came over to Heritage in the Custom Core video said that the stoptail piece should be sitting flat onto the body of the guitar. So is your stoptail messed up so that it won't screw down all the way? Or, if you do screw it down all the way, will the strings hit the back of the bridge? (Which is not supposed to happen.)

I top-wrap mine, after I add a TonePros bridge and tailpiece. I prefer the slinkiness and the tailpiece is slammed against the body.

2 hours ago, HANGAR18 said:

I could have put the Custom Core on a regular credit card, but I already racked that up because I just bought a PRS Gary Grainger 5-string bass to keep my Carvin 5-string bass company, a 5-piece set of Paiste 2002 Big Beats cymbals and some extra stands (because I still have the Sabian AAX Freq cymbal set installed on the same drum set), a limited edition Heritage H155, a BLAZE BBQ grill for grilling on the deck and an Original Pakmule for my truck. So the credit card is full.

I do the Sweetwater card because zero interest in a win. 

3 hours ago, HANGAR18 said:

Russian Accent... Is the rifle zeroed properly?

Probably not.  When I got it the front sight was off to one side by 1/4 of an inch.  I replaced the sight but it still can't hit squat. 

On 9/25/2021 at 6:44 PM, HANGAR18 said:

Yes, I've been studying the Sweetwater offerings a lot lately but... maybe I don't like the Maple tops of any that they have in stock. They aren't going to order any more unless someone buys what they already have, so I thought maybe if the factory was selling them direct, that I could tell them that I want to buy one but I want a VERY nice Maple top on it.

Besides, of all the times i have ever ordered something from Sweetwater for almost 2 decades now, the ONLY TIME I ever asked for a discount, I did get one, BUT that was also the only time I did NOT get any candy in the box with my purchase. (No, I never eat the candy, it's just the principle of it all.)

Au contraire, I pre- ordered mine from Sweetwater, then e-mailed Heritage and asked it they could fill the order for Sweetwater. Heritage folks were great to deal with and I had my guitar in about 3 weeks.

I probably should add that I do spend a lot of money with Sweetwater so that could make a difference.

On 9/25/2021 at 6:51 PM, brentrocks said:

I bought a core 150 DEMO from Sweetwater  Thursday.   It came today.  But the treble side bridge post is too high to engage the treble side bridge lock….so I’m sending it back.  

It would be an easy fix but I’m not taking a Dremel to a brand new custom core!!!!   One wrong move and I own it!!!   Lol.  

Beautiful guitar though…

Is this your second Core 150?

Archived