Heritage Owners Club

Heritage Guitars 'Custom Upgrades Pricing' Info

Gitfiddler

On 10/22/2021 at 1:05 PM, TalismanRich said:

I didn't even touch on any of the points DB made about working environment.   Having spent a dozen years working with health and safety for a company handing, literally, hundreds of tons of flammable and explosive materials,   I was VERY impressed with the way they put together the new dust collection and spray booth.   It wasn't the quaint old booth, or the dusty pile of wood parts from the old days.   Those are very real hazards, as anyone who has ever dealt with a nitrocel fire or dust explosions can tell you.  

It reminds me of the days when race cars were built in dirty, greasy garages by guys in t-shirts.    Compare that with the way someone like Roger Penske ran his operation.   If you looked in his places,  you could eat off the floor, they were spotless!   Everything was clean, neat and organized.   It paid off in race wins and championships.  He upped the game, and everyone else had to follow suit.

Heritage's new management has upped the game on many fronts,  keeping the old methods and tools, but making it a safer, cleaner place to work.  That's not a good thing... its a GREAT thing.

Indeed. But ya just had to go there with race cars didn't ya...........

On 10/20/2021 at 8:23 AM, Kuz said:

A couple of thing Josh;

1) You are not going to please everyone. 2) Not everyone wanted/needed a custom 137. 3) Not everyone had $1800-1900 to throw down on a fairly short deadline. 4) To be "embarrassed" about how it turn out is a little bit dramatic.  Those that truly wanted one bought one, those that were just kicking the tires or didn't want/need a custom 137 didn't buy one.  What is there to be embarrassed about?  Bottom line, you and 3 others got a great custom guitar.  How many did you really expect to sell?  The four of you got a great deal and others just didn't want or need one.  

5 man, I got number 5!

This has been a very interesting thread to read, as I sit in my little beach shack outside the GATE with the Gulf of Mexico in my backdrop. I love nostalgia. I consider myself a very nostalgic person. But I am not going to lament about the way it used to be. That is the equivalent of lamenting about the hottie in the bar 25 years ago that I missed out on picking up and taking home. I take solace in knowing that I was there when the original guys ran it. I have Heritage guitars ranging from 1992 to 2019. They are all my treasures, they all have a story to tell. They always remind me of the "good ole days" if you will. Those memories will always remain. End of story.

On 10/23/2021 at 2:06 AM, High Flying Bird said:

I didn't mean to come off as a dick.  I kinda' feel like one.  I am glad the new company is doing good things with their guitars.  If they were turning out garbage I would be very upset.  I think they are going in the right direction with their craftsmanship and quality control.  I am very happy that the new guys are giving the employees a better place to work with insurance and regular hours.  I hope they are paying them well.  They deserve it. 

..come off as a dick?    Na, BIrd.   I know you, and that's one of the last words I would associate with you.    

I agree that it has been really nice to know the owners personally, and had I been in the position to do another custom build, I would have probably have driven up there and sat down with the guys to pick and choose what I wanted.    But I'm also a realist.   I was surprised a couple years ago when I asked Jim if he was going to retire any time soon, since Bill was taking his leave.   His comment was a resounding "no"!   It told me that this has been a labor of love, not a job, or a means to make a buck.   Eventually, you have to pass the baton.

Heck, those guys had the business longer than that other fellow that had a guitar company there.... I think his name was Orville.

On 10/23/2021 at 2:06 AM, High Flying Bird said:

I didn't mean to come off as a dick.  I kinda' feel like one.  I am glad the new company is doing good things with their guitars.  If they were turning out garbage I would be very upset.  I think they are going in the right direction with their craftsmanship and quality control.  I am very happy that the new guys are giving the employees a better place to work with insurance and regular hours.  I hope they are paying them well.  They deserve it. 

I came off being one too, my apologies.  I have my coffee today.  Probably in a better mood too (no excuse though)

I never doubted the craftsmanship of the guitars from before nor do I doubt them of today.  There are differences, but mostly quality controls.  The methods are still the same.  

As far as the nostalgia goes, I do miss all the dust, glue, and bits lying around everywhere.

The original shop is supposed to be set up as a bit of a museum with a lot of the old benches and setups so people can see how the plant used to be.  When or if that happens remains to be seen.

My embarrassment was because of the promises made by other members that changed their mind.  

17 hours ago, DetroitBlues said:

My embarrassment was because of the promises made by other members that changed their mind.  

That wasn't on you. 

Archived