Heritage Owners Club

Another Heritage H-150 Custom Core Sold

HANGAR18

5 hours ago, ElChoad said:

Sweetwater has plain top CCs in stock now. I saw them on the app. $3499. 

Wow! There’s a couple of really nice looking ones there. In the end though, my SW card balance is at zero & it’s going to stay that way (for a while at least).

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 hours ago, davesultra said:

Wow! There’s a couple of really nice looking ones there. In the end though, my SW card balance is at zero & it’s going to stay that way (for a while at least).

I'm keeping an eye out for the perfect one, with the perfect flame, at the right time, with the right number of payments. That's what happened with my Standard in July. I really shouldn't even be thinking about a CC right now, but I have horrible GAS...

40 minutes ago, rockabilly69 said:

Why? 
I saw the other day that both Guitar Center and Musicians Friend had them in stock at 15% off, with no question 30 day return if you don’t like it

Will Sweetwater match those prices?

I noticed the same thing. In fact, I almost pulled the trigger, almost.

I like Sweetwater, but I’ve received more than a few duds from them, even with their 55 point inspection. They’re also starting to charge restocking fees for non-defect returns. MF & GC don’t do that.

IF I buy one (still thinking about it, won't have the $$ for a while yet) I will look for a used one. My second choice is to contact the factory and have one built with woods I select (as lightweight as possible). Third choice is from one of the dealers on this forum. Forth choice is Chicago Music Exchange. There certainly isn't an immediate need for one of these for me. But we all know how that goes.  

2 hours ago, davesultra said:

I noticed the same thing. In fact, I almost pulled the trigger, almost.

I like Sweetwater, but I’ve received more than a few duds from them, even with their 55 point inspection. They’re also starting to charge restocking fees for non-defect returns. MF & GC don’t do that.

I've known many people that have said that there is no way in hell that their instrument received any 55 point inspection. And I can't stand the follow up cold call when the Sweetwater guy calls me up to see how the picks I bought are working out.

22 minutes ago, rockabilly69 said:

I've known many people that have said that there is no way in hell that their instrument received any 55 point inspection. And I can't stand the follow up cold call when the Sweetwater guy calls me up to see how the picks I bought are working out.

I've had good overall service from Sweetwater, but not always the best deal.  And I agree that their so-called "55 point inspection..." is marketing hyperbole.  The only way I'd believe that is if there were tiny Post-It notes all over my guitar and case with the initials of the employees who actually performed all 55 steps.

IF I were to consider buying a Custom Core, I would definitely shop around for the best deal. 

37 minutes ago, HANGAR18 said:

I don't understand the appeal of a plain Maple top.

I definitely do. In the last few years I learned to really appreciate a simple top as it's almost embarrasing for me to play a big flametop, it feels as if I'm showing off. And the last two custom shop LPs that I bought were Goldtops, which to me are my favorite. I hope Heritage adds Goldtops to the custom core lineup. To me Heritage has never got the goldtop color right, it never has the slightly green color of the originals, but with Edwin Wilson on board that could change...

GT R4.jpg

1 hour ago, rockabilly69 said:

I definitely do. In the last few years I learned to really appreciate a simple top as it's almost embarrasing for me to play a big flametop, it feels as if I'm showing off. And the last two custom shop LPs that I bought were Goldtops, which to me are my favorite. I hope Heritage adds Goldtops to the custom core lineup. To me Heritage has never got the goldtop color right, it never has the slightly green color of the originals, but with Edwin Wilson on board that could change...

GT R4.jpg

There is nothing plain about a Goldtop. (Anyone remember back when (two years prior to my 50th birthday) I was trying to figure out what kind of Goldtop I wanted to get myself for my 50th birthday? ) I have definitely noticed how Gibson Goldtops seem to have a much more appealing gold tone (no pun intended) that Heritage Goldtops. At this point I think I have given up the quest for a good Goldtop.

2 hours ago, HANGAR18 said:

I don't understand the appeal of a plain Maple top.

I'm with you. I had a '76 Standard plain 3 piece top in natural finish. Great guitar with a maple neck and ebony fingerboard, but nothing extra special. And it weighed almost 12 pounds. It was a freaking tank. 

13 minutes ago, HANGAR18 said:

There is nothing plain about a Goldtop. (Anyone remember back when (two years prior to my 50th birthday) I was trying to figure out what kind of Goldtop I wanted to get myself for my 50th birthday? ) I have definitely noticed how Gibson Goldtops seem to have a much more appealing gold tone (no pun intended) that Heritage Goldtops. At this point I think I have given up the quest for a good Goldtop.

I have a '14 Trad Pro II, heavily modified. It's like a real Gibson now. I am still sad about the fact that it will NEVER turn that beautiful shade of green that classic Goldtop get. ?

7 hours ago, rockabilly69 said:

Why? 
I saw the other day that both Guitar Center and Musicians Friend had them in stock at 15% off, with no question 30 day return if you don’t like it

At Sweetwater, I can pick the one I want. Do the others offer that? I didn't think so. But that is just one perk.

one question: what's the mojo factor?

:)

gorgeous. i'd get a plain top CC they are to die for.

Love,

Chico

My favorite non-flamey top finishes are Goldtop and Ebony.  I've never been attracted to a plain maple top finish.  Yes, I am shallow.  That said, I don't think I'd have any issue with a Custom Core Plain Maple top H-150. 

Now that they seem to have substantially increased the QC of their product offerings, maybe Heritage will consider doing some other finishes (Ebony, Blue, Red, etc.) to expand their market.  They already offer solid colors on the H535 and H530.

9 hours ago, rockabilly69 said:

Why? 

Why did you have to tell me this? I apparently now have a MF card, (same credit company as Sweetwater,) and they are running 48 month no interest. Damn you!

10 hours ago, chico said:

one question: what's the mojo factor?

:)

gorgeous. i'd get a plain top CC they are to die for.

Love,

Chico

I once had a dog named “Mojo”. He passed away. :(

FYI: if you buy a CC on musician's Friend or Guitar center, you cannot take advantage of both the 15% off and the 48 months. You have to pick one or the other. And you don't get to pick the guitar you want. They can get bent.

3 hours ago, ElChoad said:

FYI: if you buy a CC on musician's Friend or Guitar center, you cannot take advantage of both the 15% off and the 48 months. You have to pick one or the other. And you don't get to pick the guitar you want. They can get bent.

That’s actually good, because I really don’t want, or need to be spending that kind of coin right now anyway! ?

4 hours ago, ElChoad said:

Just put the thing on paypal credit, and you'll get the low/no interest thing and the 15%, or pay through paypal and use  your best terms credit card, perhaps even one with points :) But seriously if you need 48 months to pay the damn thing off can you really afford it? Why not just save up until you can? As for picking the guitar, pick your color, have them ship it to the store, and if you don't like it, have them send it back. We are talking a pretty good savings here, so worth it to go through some effort. I notice most of the dirty lemon bursts have some killer grain. 

Archived