Heritage Owners Club

Another Heritage H-150 Custom Core Sold

HANGAR18

9 hours ago, ElChoad said:

I have had a Sweetwater card for almost 10 years.  I have NEVER paid so much as a penny in interest. I also am smart about how I use it. I try to keep my balance under 30% of what I have available. That is better for your credit rating. I have never had to make a balloon payment. I always pay extra because there is no penalty. I bought a Standard H-150 in July with 48 months to pay it off. It will be clear next week. Talk as badly about my choices as you want, even if they are just toys to me, but I work hard to have nice toys, and I will take full advantage of the tools at my disposal, be it good credit or awesome musical equipment. 

I talk badly about putting guitars on cards when they are not used responsibly, and I've seen it go awry too many times to count. Doesn't sound like you have that problem!

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 11/19/2021 at 1:58 AM, rockabilly69 said:

I admire your discipline but eventually though the item has to be paid off,  and many people don’t have the discipline that you have to make sure the money will be there when that time comes. I can’t count the number of musicians that I know that have racked up ridiculous amounts of debt because of how easy it is to buy things with credit cards. So I try to steer as many people away from that as possible. As I said, I use credit cards to buy most of my instruments but they’re paid off begore the first bill comes. I do it to get cash back points. Yesterday I got $170 cash back on a $3400 Mandolin purchase. That’s my version of free money and that’s good enough for me.

And speaking of cashback, people buying Custom Cores from musicians friend can get the 15% off and then also get reward points that can be used like cash at musicians friend. That’s a pretty good deal

No ones called me disciplined before. Im not sure how to react. I will have to let it sink in for a while.

I bought my last 4 cars with a credit card and paid the card off each time without paying any interest. Somehow I got $2400 off the extended warranty with a Costco card on my last car. I almost forgot I bought a motorcycle on a credit card as well. Credit cards can be handy.

23 hours ago, pressure said:

I bought my last 4 cars with a credit card and paid the card off each time without paying any interest. Somehow I got $2400 off the extended warranty with a Costco card on my last car. I almost forgot I bought a motorcycle on a credit card as well. Credit cards can be handy.

I didn't know you could buy a car with a credit card. Did you use a card with 0% interest introductory deal? Most dealers here will cap out the amount you could use the credit card to $5000 to $10000, depending on the dealer, because they have to pay credit card transaction fees.

4 hours ago, rockabilly69 said:

They do miles? Or is miles and cashback? That sounds like a great way to go a free vacation (airlines anyway).

It’s just miles. They are one of the main airlines out of Missoula.

Missoula to Seattle to Lihue, Kauai. It’s great, leave the cold and snow and darkness and arrive at 2pm in the warm and sun at 22 degrees north latitude. 

7 hours ago, rockabilly69 said:

Most dealers here will cap out the amount you could use the credit card to $5000 to $10000, 

Sometimes they limit how much they will take from a card. Maybe it depends on the price of the car. The last car was a whopper and I had to add cash.

On 11/17/2021 at 2:17 PM, rockabilly69 said:

You know what's more simple? One payment, done! If you don't have the money, sell a guitar you're not using, then repeat step one. A corvette is a whole 'nutha matter. Guitars to me are mostly impusle buys, and if I used credit to buy them, I would have ridiculously high balances. I haven't had a balance on a credit card in over 10 years, and I would like to keep it that way. I just use credit cards for their points and record keeping of expenses. 

I get it but sometimes it seems like you are NOT parting with the money when you spread it over time. Like an illusion...

Archived