Heritage Owners Club

Anderton's Wall of Heritage

RJLII

I've watched their YouTube shows for several years now.  I rather like them for the most part.  The Rob Chappers dude is the only one I really don't care for, mostly because he was paid at another store to point out why a Gibson Custom Shop Les Paul is vastly superior to a standard production build H150.  When you look at that company's website, there were a hundred Gibson's to a dozen Heritages, one would have thought there would have been more integrity on his part.  

I don't think it was an Anderton's video as such - in the comments they post that they didn't realise he was filming his visit, so I get the impression that he's no longer part of the Anderton's family, just a distant relation.  The Anderton's video where they compared top of the range Gibson, Heritage and PRS single cuts was pretty fair, with Danish Pete's comment that if you really want a Les Paul buy the Gibson, but if you want something as good for less money buy the Heritage.

8 hours ago, houndhome said:

I havent compared prices recently but my impression is that Gibson and Heritage prices are closer than they used to be.

Not so easy to compare prices in the U.k. though.

Actually it is, just go to the Anderton's website. An Artisan Aged Custom Core H150 is £3,999, while a "Gibson Custom Shop Murphy Lab 1958 Les Paul Standard Reissue Ultra Light Aged in Washed Cherry Sunburst" is £4,799, while a "Gibson Custom Shop Murphy Lab 1959 Les Paul Standard Reissue Heavy Aged in Slow Iced Tea Fade (WEIGHT 9.0LBS)" is £7,899. Gibson prices span a much wider range, with different models.

Comparing semi-holows, an H535 is £2.799 while a comparable ES335 is £2,999. Anderton's also stock a couple of H575s for £3,999 and a couple of Eagle Classics for £4,799. They don't have any Gibson archtops, and new Gibson archtops don't seem to be readily available in the UK. I did find some listed at Thomann (who are based in Germany) - an L5 CES will cost you £10,222. In fact Anderton's have the Captain and Danish Pete putting an H575 and an Eagle Classic through their paces...

Archived