Heritage Owners Club

Is Wolfgang Muthspiel playing a Mille on this?

rwinking

Amazing sense of Harmony! I think it's time for me to quit playing guitar.

13 hours ago, rwinking said:

Ralph Towner is definitely one of my favourites. One of the first ECM records I bought was his solo LP Diary, and Icarus is on that album.

In 2008 I saw Wolfgang Muthspiel in a duo with Tunisian singer/oud player Dhafer Yousef, a fascinating combination. This track is from around that time...

2 hours ago, bobmeyrick said:

Towner

Definely…….Towner is one of my heroes. He made it musically Ok for me to use dissonant chords years ago. Oregon always reminded me of a kind of acoustic Weather Report.

15 hours ago, Gitfiddler said:

Here's Wolfgang brilliantly performing Thelonious Monk's "Round Midnight" on his Millie Eagle.

After watching this, I will no longer feel bad about bending my head way over to see what the hell my fingers are doing.  Even if it's hard on the back.

19 minutes ago, LK155 said:

After watching this, I will no longer feel bad about bending my head way over to see what the hell my fingers are doing.  Even if it's hard on the back.

It's important that you look to see that you're putting your finger on the correct fret-thingy!  

12 hours ago, jazzalicious said:

He now plays Moffa guitars (Italian luthier) but Heritage obviously served his needs for a long time.

This is really nice. However, when he went into the kind of overdriven tone I didn't much care for it. It lacked the fluidity that he has on his other tone. The whole thing sounded kind of like Miles Bitches brew era along with Metheny, Weather Report and the acoustic sound of Oregon.....heck, everything I like about that style! I can see why Towner would want to play stuff with him.

I sold a Heritage Millie Eagle 2000 to someone in Austria some time back.  This was it.  The pics are not very good.

The person who bought it said that there were two others in Austria, Muthspiel being the first.

This model is really cool.  One nice trick is to push on the tailpiece for a mild vibrato effect.

IMAG0010.jpg

IMAG0012.jpg

Milli Eagle 1.JPG

• 4 months later...

One of the “Austrian ones“ is currently fs https://reverb.com/item/21528469-heritage-millenium-eagle-2000-limited-edition but it doesn‘t seem to be one of the ones you posted? 

— Guess Muthspiel had a real influence on the comparatively high Millie density in my country haha. Including myself here, as a student, I couldn‘t afford the Eagle model at that time, but then found one of the original 2000 Millie run, for an unbelievable price, especially for Europe where it was so hard to get them and you didn‘t see many Heritages on the used market.

Wolfgang‘s had a part of the top break off at the upper f-hole at some point (outch!), but he continued to play it for a quite a while before switching to the Moffa.

I always loved his tone with this guitar (into an AC30 usually)— not the cliché muffled “Jazz” sound. Of course being the absolute monster player he is “helps”.

BEC4E42B-3CC3-4426-8A36-6210C2F691E7.jpeg

14 minutes ago, Gitfiddler said:

Moritz, welcome to the HOC...as well as to the Millie Club.  LOL!

Thx. I‘ve been lurking here for over 10 years though haha, but just realized this was my first post. In the Millie Club, I‘m even longer…

Great Eagle you have there, man I‘m still lusting for one from time to time… (I have a "normal" Ltd Ed. Model from the 2000 run)

Archived