Heritage Owners Club

String Choices for Sweet 16

I was able to pick up a Sweet 16 from Marty Grass a while back. I have continued to use the same strings it came with. It's strung with George Benson TI's , 14s. When I was a pup suffering through jazz lessons as a 14 year old my teacher had me playing 13s, round wound (and oh by the way at a punishing remove from the fretboard. I guess better action would have been too easy or something.) The 14 flats I am currently playing sound absolutely majestic, and yet..., I am wondering about trying something different and wondering what the boys and girls here think about other choices. 

I think you got your play out of those GB TIs by now!  They are almost immortal though.

Pyramid flats come as round and hex cores.  The round cores will be similar to TIs.  The 12s seem to be popular.  The D'Addario Chromes in 12s are standards.

On 11/4/2021 at 6:50 AM, MartyGrass said:

I think you got your play out of those GB TIs by now!  They are almost immortal though.

Pyramid flats come as round and hex cores.  The round cores will be similar to TIs.  The 12s seem to be popular.  The D'Addario Chromes in 12s are standards.

They still sound wonderful!

Archived