Heritage Owners Club

Brief Factory Visit

DetroitBlues

Had a Friday off, weather is rather cold, so what better time then a 400 mile round trip to Heritage today.

Trip was rather uneventful, but it was nice to see some good friends again.

No pictures because they aren’t allowed, not that I asked.

Some of the more interesting takeaways….

• Factory is expanding, significantly.
  • Demand is so high, every guitar that was being made was already sold.
  • Heritage will be hiring again soon!

And I tried a Custom Core aged and a Standard H150 Aged.  Those were amazing.  They were stunning to look at, felt right in the hand.  The “Aged” finishes really reminded me of many of the older Heritages I’ve played.  Not overly done, but beat up in the right ways to just feel like it was well played.  I’d take my old 140 and you’d be hard pressed to tell the difference.  Nearly walked away with that 150 Standard, lucky for me they couldn’t sell it until a defect is fixed.

I also proposed a new lineup for the Custom Core line…

Custom Core Tuxedo lineup:

Bring back the H157 in specific historical models.

• 50’s, Beefy neck, Black with Gold Hardware, P-90’s.
  • 60’s, Thin Neck. Black and Gold Hardware, Humbuckers
  • 70’s, Thin neck, Argentine Gray and Nickel Hardware, Humbuckers.

Offer them aged and NOS.

Today was a good day.  If just to escape work for a day.

Cool! I do like the new necks on the Custom Core models. That is not my #1 preferred neck carve but I really like that neck on those guitars.

H-157's are neat but I wouldn't be willing to pay more for additional binding and I personally have never been a big fan of the P90 pickups.

11 hours ago, HANGAR18 said:

Cool! I do like the new necks on the Custom Core models. That is not my #1 preferred neck carve but I really like that neck on those guitars.

H-157's are neat but I wouldn't be willing to pay more for additional binding and I personally have never been a big fan of the P90 pickups.

What’s interesting is they are changing the standard neck profile to be more my style.

Archived