Heritage Owners Club

I'm blaming Danny for this one...

brentrocks

So Danny goes out and gets himself this beautiful new dark cherry burst (I call it a bourbon burst) Custom Core H150....and I'm happy for him, don't get me wrong.    And i love my dirty lemon CC H150...its beautiful and plays like a dream....

So i walk into Kalamazoo GC today....and there sits a DCB (BB) Custom Core H150, very similar to Danny's!!!   AND they have ALL THEIR HERITAGE AND HARMONY inventory prices SLASHED!!!!!!

I looked at the price and I'm like....this is a no brainer!!!!  I couldn't believe how much was knocked off!!!!   It was like 35% off!!!   PLUS 48 months no interest!!!!!

So I'm the proud new owner of a DCB..Bourbon Burst Custom Core H150. Thanks Danny!!!  LOL  LOL!!!!

She needed some serious setup work....the neck had WAY too much relief and the intonation was way off.   After a lil TLC...she was ready to rock!!!  And rock, it does!!!

IMG_9483IMG_9484IMG_9485IMG_9486 (1)IMG_9488IMG_9489IMG_9490IMG_9491IMG_9494

16 minutes ago, Gitfiddler said:

Congrats on yet ANOTHER gorgeous Custom Core H-150! 

Are guitars coming out of the factory with poor setups or is this a cold Michigan winter issue?

Thanks Tim!!!   I think it’s mostly climate control.   

7 hours ago, rockabilly69 said:

Holey Moley, that dark cherry looks killer. GREAT SCORE Brent! How do the two guitars differ in tone?

Thanks man!!   I made major mods to the lemon burst (caps, pickups, tuners) to achieve a warmer, less bright tone.  It currently has a Seymour Duncan antiquity in the bridge and a 59 in the neck.  

The DCB I have decided to leave alone. The 225 pickups have that sparkling top end, like a good PAF is supposed to.  But very articulate and also having good bottom end as well.  

7 hours ago, bolero said:

Outrageous!!

I like the toggle switch too!

Thanks buddy!   I saw those on another guitar somewhere and I instantly fell in love with the idea.   I ordered them for Philadelphia luthier.   

10 minutes ago, davesultra said:

Did they have any other CCs available, or any other H-150s?

Oh yes.   

It is an in-store only sale! I would call before you make the drive. They had a dirty lemon custom core and 4-150 standards and one artist in aged cherry 535    And at least 4 harmonies

Talk to Matt Gullo, he is the manager and also a good friend of mine! Tell him I sent you and he will hook you up

6 minutes ago, davesultra said:

Hmm.. I’m beginning to think I may have to make a road trip real soon. ?

I told all my local friends about these drastic markdowns! So I would plan on going first thing Friday morning if you want to have a snowballs chance in hell of getting that last Custom core that they have in stock, which is a dirty lemon burst with a monster monster top!

God, I hate you. ? I went to my local GC last week. It reminded me why I haven't stepped foot in there for about 5 years. The inventory was crap and so were the employees. Nice purchase. 

We invited some people over for Thanksgiving last night, which included a couple of buddies of mine. After supper we had a jam session (and a show & tell session) in my new jam room area of our new residence. I started off by bringing out my two best guitars and one of them was my new Heritage Custom Core. But of the two, THAT is the one I actually played when I wasn't playing drums. 

Eventually I would up lugging 4 guitars and two basses down there and had a chance to show off my recently acquired Blistertone amps which my buddies had never heard of before.

Archived