Heritage Owners Club

Did Heritage originally use Gibson Deluxe tuners?

Heritage1970

Hey everyone- hope you all are having a great Thanksgiving weekend! This is my 1988 H-535. As you can see- it has Gibson (Kluson) Deluxe tuners. Some of you probably know better than me- in the early days of Heritage- were they using Kluson Gibson tuners? I've seen other Heritage models from the 80's with them too- and these don't appear to have been replaced at all. Hoping maybe someone with good knowledge of the 80's Heritage models can chime in. Thanks in advance for the help!

lbkrtob5vsczavbtkamj_2.thumb.jpg.d4ba97abd5bd7e0c1d083f44179f0581.jpgl5wuglbutgzliyeoywz3.thumb.jpg.2fb0756fd159b61201e2c1ef29b8aae7.jpgmu6axdidiqedfyhbxhz6.thumb.jpg.903c8868f6a8a6b89af7eae1781dc52d.jpglf5akmy6jmrm0brq2fgp.thumb.jpg.5a212b398cce714bceef79d5a84bdcd9.jpg

25 minutes ago, davesultra said:

While Heritage used many of the parts left behind by Gibson (including the bodies & pickups used for the H-120s), I don’t believe they ever used Gibson Deluxe tuners. 

I didn't think so either. But I was told this was all original- and I've seen others with them from that era. Here's a pic of another one (not mine). More than likely the tuners were swapped out, but just thought I'd see if anyone on here knew if there was a chance they did use them in the first 10 years or so of the Company

heritage with gibson tuners 1.jpg

heritage with gibson tuners 2.jpg

6 minutes ago, Heritage1970 said:

I didn't think so either. But I was told this was all original- and I've seen others with them from that era. Here's a pic of another one (not mine). More than likely the tuners were swapped out, but just thought I'd see if anyone on here knew if there was a chance they did use them in the first 10 years or so of the Company

heritage with gibson tuners 1.jpg

heritage with gibson tuners 2.jpg

I would guess they were swapped out. However, just because I’ve never heard of them using them, doesn’t mean it didn’t happen! Heritage (like Gibson before) has been known to use whatever was on hand when necessary.

Archived