Heritage Owners Club

My H-535

DonA

I joined last year when I bought my H-535, but I never posted!  I bought a used H-150 on Saturday and re-discovered the forum and posted a pic of it yesterday.

I figured I'd share a pic of my H-535 as well.  I sold the ES-335 in the pic a couple days after buying the H-535.  I like it so much more!  It's better built, has better tone, and weighs over a pound less!

IMG_0330_1024.jpg

A friend of mine has a beautiful, natural finish ES-335.  I played it and it felt like a boat anchor compared to my 535.  Body felt thicker, weight was more like a Les Paul.  Sounded good, had a decent neck profile.  Even had an ABR-1 bridge.  But just like you, I think my H-535 is a better instrument.

If I was smart, I'd taken a picture of the 2 since they are a yin/yang to your picture as my 535 is Wine Red with a dark fretboard compared to the natural finished ES-335.

6 hours ago, DetroitBlues said:

A friend of mine has a beautiful, natural finish ES-335.  I played it and it felt like a boat anchor compared to my 535.  Body felt thicker, weight was more like a Les Paul.  Sounded good, had a decent neck profile.  Even had an ABR-1 bridge.  But just like you, I think my H-535 is a better instrument.

If I was smart, I'd taken a picture of the 2 since they are a yin/yang to your picture as my 535 is Wine Red with a dark fretboard compared to the natural finished ES-335.

My ES-335 weighed less than a typical Les Paul- about 8-3/4 pounds, but that's more weight than I like from this style of guitar.  The overall body thickness on both guitars was similar, but the material for the top (and I assume the back and sides) is measurably thinner on the Heritage.  The ES-335 was bright and tight.  Kind of like a Tele on steroids- again, not what I wanted from this type of guitar.  The H-535 has a more woody tone.  The neck on my ES-335 was awesome!  Almost exactly like the neck on my new to me H-150.  The H-535 has a slightly thinner, though acceptable neck.

Archived