Heritage Owners Club

Locking tuners for your Custom Core 150

brentrocks

I tried these Gotoh locking tuners on my Custom Core H150.  Direct retro fit, no drilling required!!!   Good quality tuners!

I got the smoke colored ones because they were out of chrome….but I like the look.  

https://flic.kr/p/2mPnbsM

https://flic.kr/p/2mPoqU2

https://flic.kr/p/2mPoqTW

I've never used locking tuners on any of my guitars.

For some reason I like the looks of the pearloid keystone button.   I wanted to put a set on my 535, but that means going to a Kluson style, with extra holes drilled, etc.   I know Grover makes a set of chrome rotomatics with keystone buttons.   Maybe I'll order a set of those.  

Anyone know exactly which model Grovers Heritage normally uses? 

3 hours ago, TalismanRich said:

For some reason I like the looks of the pearloid keystone button.   I wanted to put a set on my 535, but that means going to a Kluson style, with extra holes drilled, etc.   I know Grover makes a set of chrome rotomatics with keystone buttons.   Maybe I'll order a set of those.  

Anyone know exactly which model Grovers Heritage normally uses? 

I believe the factory uses 102s, I replaced mine with 502s. 

8 hours ago, TalismanRich said:

Buy the buttons you like and put them on.  If the buttons you get have slack in them send them back and try another brand. 

If you haven't tried the Graph Tech Ratios, you don't know what you're missing.  They come with little mounting plates that allow them to mount on just about any guitar, without drilling.  They are expensive compared to other tuners, but given how often you tune, well worth it in my opinion.

2 hours ago, davesultra said:

Locking tuners?! We don’t need no stinking locking tuners! ?

Better yet, who the hell needs to be in tune? I still play just as terrible either way............

47 minutes ago, ElNumero said:

Better yet, who the hell needs to be in tune? I still play just as terrible either way............

And here I was thinking that I was the only “hack” guitar player around here. ?

9 hours ago, High Flying Bird said:

Buy the buttons you like and put them on.  If the buttons you get have slack in them send them back and try another brand. 

I went down that route a few years ago.  Not many are designed to fit Grovers.  The biggest problem is that the plastic lost grip and trying to tighten the button on the Grover just cracked it.   I ended up taking them off and tossing them, putting the old buttons back on.

5 hours ago, davesultra said:

And here I was thinking that I was the only “hack” guitar player around here. ?

Oh, no. I have great equipment that is worthy of somebody who can actually play worth a shit, but here it sits in MY music room. Relegated to a life of mediocrity. Poor guitars. And amps. And pedals. 

Archived