Heritage Owners Club

Incoming - H150

PunkKitty

Within the next month or so, I'm planning on starting to look for a H-150 that has a 50's neck carve and is around 8 pounds (or lower). A CC would be a great option, but I'm cheap, and I'm not sure I can justify that expense. So I found this 1989 H-150 at Sam Ash in Richmond. It finally appeared on the SA site today, so I put it on my SA card. I tried calling the store the other day, but the sales team there was totally clueless ("is that an Epiphone?"). If I don't like it, I'll return it locally and keep searching. It has a few nicks and scratches, but as long as the neck is what I want and the weight is good, I can work with that.

h8efu7onebjttmansuwu.jpg

https://reverb.com/item/47769458-the-heritage-the-heritage-lp-electric-guitar-richmond-va

Yes! A stinger on it! To be honest, I prefer the dinged up 80s guitars and that one is not all that dinged up. Dinged up guitars are easier to play for me as I don't have to worry about dinging them up. Have fun with that one! I did a trade a couple of years ago with ZGuitar for a PRS. It still hangs on my wall as it is too nice to play. I suppose that I should sell it but it does look nice hanging there....

21 minutes ago, Gitfiddler said:

Sam Ash only charging $12.50 shipping on that H-150?  That's less than most of my Amazon Christmas gifts. 

I hope it works out for you, PK.

Is that the price of a postage stamp?  I hope you love it PK.

13 minutes ago, TalismanRich said:

Looks like you won't even have to remove the Schaller bridge and tailpiece.   It's already been converted.

Hopefully the pickups have been too. I'm not a big fan of the Schallers.

On 12/15/2021 at 11:39 AM, PunkKitty said:

Within the next month or so, I'm planning on starting to look for a H-150 that has a 50's neck carve and is around 8 pounds (or lower). A CC would be a great option, but I'm cheap, and I'm not sure I can justify that expense. So I found this 1989 H-150 at Sam Ash in Richmond. It finally appeared on the SA site today, so I put it on my SA card. I tried calling the store the other day, but the sales team there was totally clueless ("is that an Epiphone?"). If I don't like it, I'll return it locally and keep searching. It has a few nicks and scratches, but as long as the neck is what I want and the weight is good, I can work with that.

h8efu7onebjttmansuwu.jpg

https://reverb.com/item/47769458-the-heritage-the-heritage-lp-electric-guitar-richmond-va

I was physically in that store a couple of weeks ago and yes, the staff there is in fact clueless.

ps Check very carefully for evidence of a repaired headstock break. I used to text a guy in Richmond for a few years who had an old Heritage that he got as a gift when he was in high school and kept kicking around the idea of selling that guitar to me. But he always wanted too much money considering it had a headstock break. Even though it was a completely stable repair, I still didn't want to give him what he was asking. His asking price was overly inflated due to his emotional attachment (I suspect). I can't help but wonder if he ever finally traded it in or something.

9 minutes ago, HANGAR18 said:

ps Check very carefully for evidence of a repaired headstock break. I used to text a guy in Richmond for a few years who had an old Heritage that he got as a gift when he was in high school and kept kicking around the idea of selling that guitar to me. But he always wanted too much money considering it had a headstock break. Even though it was a completely stable repair, I still didn't want to give him what he was asking. His asking price was overly inflated due to his emotional attachment (I suspect). I can't help but wonder if he ever finally traded it in or something.

Was it a H150 in that color?

1 hour ago, HANGAR18 said:

Thanks for the info.

12 hours ago, PunkKitty said:

It arrived... and it's going back. It had some repaired neck damage that was not disclosed. There's no way that I'm keeping it. No big deal. The right one will come along at some point.

Holy crap... I hate it when I'm right.

I ended up sending a note to the factory about a custom build. I have some hand issues that make playing barre chords for long periods of time difficult. I'm tired of churning guitars. I just want something that works for me. If it takes a custom build, then it does. In a month or so, I'll be finally able to afford something like that, so, for once in my life, I'm getting exactly what I want built. I asked to work directly with Pete.

Archived