Jump to content
Heritage Owners Club

Inner label acronym decoding!


Psychoangus
 Share

Recommended Posts

Yeah the back of the guitar is just natural maoghany, not painted black or anything so I guess that's the NAT part.

Didn't come with the original pickups. Ed Roman asked me what pickups I'd like in there and I just picked what I wanted ( I chose SeymourD 59 for neck and JB in the bridge) and they installed them. But they weren't F-spaced, and the bridge on the guitar is wider than usual.

Since then I changed them out for F-spaced Dimarzio 36th Anniversarys, which are in the picture, and it sounds great.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, Psychoangus said:

Yeah the back of the guitar is just natural maoghany, not painted black or anything so I guess that's the NAT part.

Didn't come with the original pickups. Ed Roman asked me what pickups I'd like in there and I just picked what I wanted ( I chose SeymourD 59 for neck and JB in the bridge) and they installed them. But they weren't F-spaced, and the bridge on the guitar is wider than usual.

Since then I changed them out for F-spaced Dimarzio 36th Anniversarys, which are in the picture, and it sounds great.

 

Curious as F-spaced means Fender spacing.  Sounds like the bridge itself may not be slotted correctly, but if it's good now, who cares.

Double cream pickups go well with that finish.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Isn't ASB Antique Sunburst?  I thought Almond Sunburst was ALSB.  I don't own one any longer so this is just conjecture and speculation...

Regardless, you've got a fine guitar there!

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Steiner said:

Isn't ASB Antique Sunburst?  I thought Almond Sunburst was ALSB. 

Correct on both counts. I have an H150 in ASB and an H535 in ALSB. Almond sunburst has a reddish tint. Here they are with my Vintage Sunburst (VSB) H150.

DSCF1241s.JPG

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, Psychoangus said:

Hi there,

This is my 2004 H150 I bought off Ed Roman back in the day. He listed it as Almond Sunburst and the inner label says 'ASB' so I guess that ties up. Anyone know what 'NAT' and 'BNR' mean?

 

Thanks!!

IMG_3178.thumb.jpg.bf8afd8a81c7b4961b163b4b6d98b8af.jpgIMG_3179.thumb.jpg.0bc019cb263ef4c0d03b82fab31529f1.jpg

PA

Have you pulled the rear control cover off to see if there's any additional info?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

...And on an unrelated note, when I bought this I think I paid $999 from Ed Roman.

Now even in 2004 that still seemed really cheap to me. Could he charge that because he bought in bulk?

The only thing on my mind was that it has a prominent wood grain 'feature' on it. I don't mind it at all and it makes it 'mine', but I wondered if it could've been a factory second? Would this class as a second and would Heritage release their seconds for sale?

Not that I care of course!

Capture.PNG.4e5a5c606825967f0c3c23dadd895208.PNG

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Psychoangus said:

...And on an unrelated note, when I bought this I think I paid $999 from Ed Roman.

Now even in 2004 that still seemed really cheap to me. Could he charge that because he bought in bulk?

The only thing on my mind was that it has a prominent wood grain 'feature' on it. I don't mind it at all and it makes it 'mine', but I wondered if it could've been a factory second? Would this class as a second and would Heritage release their seconds for sale?

Not that I care of course!

Capture.PNG.4e5a5c606825967f0c3c23dadd895208.PNG

Natural wood, like that mineral streak isn’t a factory second issue.  It’s a unique feature for sure.  Usually those are hidden under other finishes.  It’s nice one like that slipped through.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, Steiner said:

Isn't ASB Antique Sunburst?  I thought Almond Sunburst was ALSB.  I don't own one any longer so this is just conjecture and speculation...  Regardless, you've got a fine guitar there!

Good call.  This 475 is ALSB.  So is the 357. 

 

chase.jpg

img_7455_std.jpg

Edited by High Flying Bird
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

52 minutes ago, Gitfiddler said:

That mineral streak looks like a headless, armless stick-man dancing on your volume knob and tailpiece.

Maybe he should have one of those ghost-hunter people make sure it isn't haunted. 🤣

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...