Heritage Owners Club

New H-150 Day

PunkKitty

I was searching for a H-150 in the 8.5-9 pound or less range. A friend from another forum tipped me off to a couple on sale at a local GC. Since I had to return something anyway, I took a look. They had this one and an OSB model. This one was just under 9 pounds. The OSB was just over 9 pounds. NOS 2019 floor models marked down significantly with 0% 24 month financing. Not a bad deal. I got them to throw in a setup which they reluctantly did. I was looking for a Dirty Lemon Burst since I already had a Cherry Burst, but the deal was right so I took it. 

1 hour ago, PunkKitty said:

A CC would have been great, but this was over $1000 less. This will suit my purposes quite well.

You do what is best for you. Make yourself happy and comfortable.

12 minutes ago, Vanschoyck said:

Looks like a great guitar to me.  Are the pickups 59's?  Are you going to keep those?

Yes, they are 59's. I'm probably not going to keep them. I have a set of '89 Pearly Gates wound my MJ and a set of Mojotone PAF Clones. I'll probably put in one of those. Let me know if you are interested in buying the 59's.

1 minute ago, PunkKitty said:

Let me know if you are interested in buying the 59's.

I have nowhere to go with new pickups, but thank you!  I just had a vague memory that you didn't like 59's.  (You might have mentioned it once or twice!)

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/5/2022 at 12:54 PM, ElChoad said:

My new CC. 8 pounds, 1/2 ounce. Light as shit.

PXL_20220105_175141699.MP.jpg

I’ve never weighed sh** but sometimes in the morning mine seems pretty darn heavy!

On 1/5/2022 at 1:33 PM, PunkKitty said:

Yes, they are 59's. I'm probably not going to keep them. I have a set of '89 Pearly Gates wound my MJ and a set of Mojotone PAF Clones. I'll probably put in one of those. Let me know if you are interested in buying the 59's.

I put Mojotone '59 Clones in my H-150 and they sound glorious!  A word of advice- they were not a direct fit!

The pole piece screws on the pickups were longer than on a Gibson (or Seymour Duncan) and the H-150's neck pickup route has a ledge in it that the pole piece screws hit right before the pickup was set to the height that I wanted.  I shortened the screws on the neck pickup.

Also, the pickups' covers flared out near the side bottom edges and needed to be clamped and re-soldered in order to fit in the H-150's pickup cavities.  This affected both pickups.

A quick pickup swap became an all evening project.

The pickups fit perfectly in the Gibson Les Paul that I previously had them in.

Archived