Heritage Owners Club

NGD! DLB CC 150

ElChoad

Tomorrow I figure out which amp goes with this awesome guitar. Orange? Supro? Only time will tell... The pickguard gets lost and I don't fill setup to make a t mine.

3 minutes ago, ledzeffer said:

Has some nice tiger striping by the toggle switch. Enjoy that guitar!

Pictures don't do it justice. Ask @brentrocks

4 hours ago, ledzeffer said:

Has some nice tiger striping by the toggle switch. Enjoy that guitar!

The pickguard goes away tomorrow. Day2 hot rod mods. ?

It weighs in at 8 pounds, 1/2 ounce. Setup wasn't bad at all. About a quarter turn tighter on the truss rod, verify intonation, and rock it. I might raise the bridge a smidge. 

PXL_20220105_174823864.jpg

PXL_20220105_175141699.MP.jpg

Are you able to crank the tailpiece down without the strings touching the back of the bridge? That’s always been my biggest gripe with Heritage, as I can’t stand top wrapping. Don’t care for the look or feel. But that CC is a sharp looker nonetheless. HNCCD!

8 minutes ago, davesultra said:

Are you able to crank the tailpiece down without the strings touching the back of the bridge? That’s always been my biggest gripe with Heritage, as I can’t stand top wrapping. Don’t care for the look or feel. But that CC is a sharp looker nonetheless. HNCCD!

I will probably end up top wrapping it. All my other LP style guitars are. I will get a second bridge before doing it, though. I put TonePros on all my other ones, but I will do a little research before I purchase one. 

2 hours ago, ElChoad said:

I will probably end up top wrapping it. All my other LP style guitars are. I will get a second bridge before doing it, though. I put TonePros on all my other ones, but I will do a little research before I purchase one. 

Faber is my favorite with their solid studs...  That looks like the "Brockburst"  best of the best and at only 8 pounds and an ounce Oh happy day....

On 1/5/2022 at 3:33 PM, Spectrum13 said:

Faber is my favorite with their solid studs...  That looks like the "Brockburst"  best of the best and at only 8 pounds and an ounce Oh happy day....

Heritage is very, very particular on the weight of the CC.  Down to the ounce on making sure they achieve a specific weight range.

On 1/5/2022 at 1:08 PM, davesultra said:

You know what I started wondering recently is why hasn't anyone ever tried to use a Dremel tool with some sort of a cylindrical grinding bit to grind down six notches, under the path of each string, along the back edge of the bridge so that the strings cannot possibly make contact with the bridge when you screw down the tail stopbar all the way down to the body?

18 minutes ago, HANGAR18 said:

You know what I started wondering recently is why hasn't anyone ever tried to use a Dremel tool with some sort of a cylindrical grinding bit to grind down six notches, under the path of each string, along the back edge of the bridge so that the strings cannot possibly make contact with the bridge when you screw down the tail stopbar all the way down to the body?

I didn't have a problem when I put the TonePros bridge and tailpiece on my Standard. The tailpiece is all the way down and I can still slide a pick through with no problem. Hopefully this CC will work out the same. But I bet the plating would start peeling after grinding on the bridge.

8 hours ago, HANGAR18 said:

While I’ve never attempted it myself, I’ve considered using a nut/saddle file to file small notches beneath the offending strings. Usually this isn’t an issue on an ABR-1 style bridge, which makes me wonder why “H” didn’t go with an ABR style bridge on the CCs?!

10 hours ago, ElChoad said:

But I bet the plating would start peeling after grinding on the bridge.

This....

If the top carve does not allow the stop tail to be flush with the top, you can replace with the narrower ABR-1 or top wrap.

The Nashville bridge allows more range to adjust intonation for a wider variety of string gages and less accurate positioning of the studs.  

On 1/5/2022 at 3:33 PM, Spectrum13 said:

Faber Schmaber!

Here's an idea: why don't the machine relief slots into the back side of the bridge before they plate them? Seems easy enough. It really doesn't bother me either way, as I top-wrap anyway. But it seems like I good idea to me. I don't think you would give up much strength. 

22 minutes ago, ElChoad said:

Here's an idea: why don't the machine relief slots into the back side of the bridge before they plate them? 

So when the owner changes strings they never reassemble backwards, and retailers need to stock an additional number of Nashville bridges in gold, nickel and chrome for the 10% of buyers that notice the difference and care about strings resting on the rear of the bridge and can't lower their tail piece enough and refuse to top wrap. OK

8 minutes ago, Spectrum13 said:

So when the owner changes strings they never reassemble backwards, and retailers need to stock an additional number of Nashville bridges in gold, nickel and chrome for the 10% of buyers that notice the difference and care about strings resting on the rear of the bridge and can't lower their tail piece enough and refuse to top wrap. OK

With the aftermarket being what it is, I am surprised no company has done this. Also, had this been thought about years ago, it may well be the industry standard by now. This is how industry standards are created. Constant refinements and improvement. I'm surprised nobody has figured this out in 45 years. 

Got to do a better inspection today. Stripped it down, checked all the hardware, gave it a thorough inspection, conditioned the fretboard, cleaned and polished it since it hung in a GC, slammed the tailpiece, fresh top-wrapped strings, and double checked the setup. Only thing I found was the nuts on the tuners we're a little loose. She is ready to rock, now. Plays and sounds AWESOME. 

PXL_20220110_210618292.jpg

Archived