Heritage Owners Club

CC 150 higher weights?

SeattleMI

I went on Chicago music exchange and noticed they have several custom cores listed at over 8.5 lbs one was even listed at 9 lbs.

Now this doesn't particularly bother me, but I was under the impression that they were guaranteed to be 8.5 lbs or less.  Is this not the case anymore?

I even double checked their website and noticed it specified 8.5 lbs.  Are they having trouble securing woods that fit the bill? 

There was some variance at first, they had some at a specific target.  But now, they have very specific weights of bodies they pull aside to keep the weight below the 8.5.  Rather interesting how they do this.  Hopefully if we have a PSP this year, we can get a tour and see how they process them.

4 hours ago, DetroitBlues said:

There was some variance at first, they had some at a specific target.  But now, they have very specific weights of bodies they pull aside to keep the weight below the 8.5.  Rather interesting how they do this.  Hopefully if we have a PSP this year, we can get a tour and see how they process them.

I believe these to be newer models as a few of the plain tops also weighed at 9 lbs.  IIRC the videos at launch time specified the weight as well.  This seemed to be an important selling point to distinguish itself from the standard model.

From their website:

The Finest Tonewoods

We personally source the highest quality curly maple and ultra-lightweight genuine mahogany to craft the guitar body. Overall, the H-150 weighs less than 8.5 lbs.

55 minutes ago, SeattleMI said:

I believe these to be newer models as a few of the plain tops also weighed at 9 lbs.  IIRC the videos at launch time specified the weight as well.  This seemed to be an important selling point to distinguish itself from the standard model.

From their website:

The Finest Tonewoods

We personally source the highest quality curly maple and ultra-lightweight genuine mahogany to craft the guitar body. Overall, the H-150 weighs less than 8.5 lbs.

I know the conversation I had was more controls because of fluctuations in paint, hardware etc.  So the clamped down harder to get the weight right.  But its nice a website gives you they weight.  Personally, I'd rather have one less than 8lbs.

Archived