Heritage Owners Club

H-137 Sighting of Note

yoslate

I know most of you get a kick out of seeing Heritages in the wild.  Pretty good sighting here.  This video (Spanish Moon and Skin It Back) is of the most recent Little Feat iteration.  It features Scott Sherrard, former Gregg Allman bandleader, on a 137.  He's not Lowell, but the good thing is that he's not trying to be.  Very much his own man.  Tony Leone on drums and vox holds a terrific groove.  Band sounds great, and the video quality is just superb!

Wow! I noticed he played all of those solos on the neck pick up. Those P-90s are cool for sure. I got a gig tonight and am tempted after that to pull my 137 out.

For me the high point of that band is Bill Payne. I get to play with him some and he is mind blowing. He does all of that cool McCoy Tyner quartal harmony stuff over funk and R&R but makes it not sound weird at all. He also goes out with the Doobie Brothers. He is something like 73 and still nailing it.

On 1/22/2022 at 11:20 AM, TalismanRich said:

Great post,  Yoslate.   You just don't hear about Little Feat anymore. 

I didn't realize they were still out and playing!   After Lowell George died,  I pretty much quit following them.

My buddy from Cincinnati has tickets to see Little Feat in either March or May, I can't remember which.  So they are still touring. 

Not only is he keeping a killer groove, he is doing it on a vintage Rogers drumkit! Scott is an amazing guitar player, give a listen to Gregg Allman's final album which was released just after his death. Scott has some very impressive playing on that album. 

Looks like Fred Tackett and Sam Clayton may be in that band along with Billy Payne. Great stuff. 

I've seen them three times without Lowell and once with Lowell George back in the late 70's.

I saw Tony Leone with Chris Robinson's Brotherhood at the Bell's Beer Garden a few years ago, great drummer... but there was only one Richie Hayward.

Archived