Heritage Owners Club

What happened to the Gibson lawsuit?

rwinking

Is it my imagination or didn't we some some stuff on here about Gibson suing Heritage? Whatever came of that? It seems that Heritage is still in business.....

Gibson is currently suing the crap out of Dean guitars because Dean is in a death spiral and there are those of us who believe that Gibson is only doing that because they perceive Dean to be virtually defenseless. Kinda like the Jackals picking off the smallest and weakest calf that can't keep up with the herd. While the new owners of Gibson are very much continuing lawsuits against multiple guitar brands, I'm pretty sure they don't yet have any W's in the win column. As for Heritage, I don't know anything about it but I'm under the impression that Gibson wouldn't want to try a lawsuit against a company who has as much money as Bandlab.

Thanks Josh.

Gibson might not want to spend the money or deal with bad publicity on this. Just guessing. Meng has a lot of clout $$$$$$.

PDF of order

https://www.courthousenews.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/12/gibson-guitars.pdf

And some folks on this forum wonder why we come down on Gibson? I am for going back to the Gibbons substitution after finding out that they are still pursuing this.

After reading the case,  Gibson is really playing dirty pool.   They can't force Heritage to pull out of the market, so they cut the contract with Swee Lee in Singapore because of their connection through Bandlab.    This is after Bandlab bought Sonar/Cakewalk from Gibson when they tossed that division in the toilet.   Looking at Swee Lee's website, all their Gibsons are from 2017-2019.   They have almost 300 listed, so they were a big customer.

im so glad i bought my h150 over a gibson les paul traditional! its a better guitar, and i dont have to feel like i joined hitlers monopoly squad over at gibson! i am a hypocrit though,cause if i had the money i probably would be tempted by a custom shop  les paul! just saying!

Archived