Heritage Owners Club

Latest edition 535

greywolf66

After a few anxious days the latest member to the Family arrived safely .  I'm very impressed , it reminds me a lot of my Custom Shop CS-356 .  Very punchy and delicious tone.  The '59 neck and Seth bridge is perfect  . I've got 59's front and rear on my 575 C.  Now the hunt is on for a 530

raven.jpg

raven back.jpg

It was time to clean her up a bit so I polished the pickup covers cleaned everything  and oiled the fretboard and WOW was I surprised how pretty it is.  I've been a Luthier for 23 years and it's unusual to see such nice figure anymore. 

Put on a fresh set of D'darrio XL flatwounds ..(10-48)  the tone is pure velvet , even at high gain  

I have the same set on my H575C and loved them .  The round wounds may go back on this summer, for now I'll just groove . 

535 neck oiled 20220211.jpg

As I'm so inspired by the new 535 I thought I'd build my own , love the Laguna blue burst I've seen so I've tried to replicate ...no lacquer yet and a lot more work to do but it's fun to have a Spring project . They will make a nice set .  I'm planning on a series of 4 , 1 for each season ...this is Spring ..

duet 20220220.jpg

Archived