Heritage Owners Club

Is the H-137 discontinued?

Gitfiddler

42 minutes ago, Gitfiddler said:

I just noticed that the H-137 is no longer listed on the Heritage Guitar website.

Has it been discontinued?  Just curious.

Large, zoomable image of Heritage Standard H-137. 7 of 13

Yes. They discontinued it a few years ago.  They told me they weren't selling like they wanted and I suspect Harmony was coming

online around that time.

Last order form that had them on it was 2019. If you can get them to do a Custom it's a possibility.

1 hour ago, skydog52 said:

Yes. They discontinued it a few years ago.  They told me they weren't selling like they wanted and I suspect Harmony was coming

online around that time.

Last order form that had them on it was 2019. If you can get them to do a Custom it's a possibility.

2019??  Was the HOC H-137 included in the last batch?  I thought it was 2020.

11 minutes ago, Gitfiddler said:

Don't know about that. I just know that the 2019 order form had it on it and the 2020 had it off. I remember them contacting me 

sometime in between and stating they are discontinuing the standard H-137. 

Wasn't that a special run?

1 hour ago, deytookerjaabs said:

Is that flamed Korina??

The HOC spec looked awesome, it was bad timing for me as I was in debt to a certain guitar whilst having to sell others off, but in the pics they turned out wonderful. 

Yes

On 2/28/2022 at 1:53 PM, Gitfiddler said:

When I placed that order, the 137 was already close if not discontinued.  That’s why the HOC models were such a big deal.  Wish more people realized that and took advantage while they still could.

Now used normal 137’s cost as much as the HOC 137….

I like the old 137s better.  I have a custom gold top 2010 old style and I bought my daughter a first generation, 1997 -her birth year, used for Christmas several years ago.  The newer models never clicked with me.  These two are not for sale.  ? 

dscf5758_std.jpg

dscf3395_std.jpg

13 hours ago, High Flying Bird said:

I like the old 137s better.  I have a custom gold top 2010 old style and I bought my daughter a first generation, 1997 -her birth year, used for Christmas several years ago.  The newer models never clicked with me.  These two are not for sale.  ? 

dscf5758_std.jpg

dscf3395_std.jpg

That was a rare model.  They did have a 137 with a flame maple veneer a couple years ago that was a hot seller I heard, but I don’t know anyone that has one.

I had an H137 in TV yellow for a long time, eventually sold it ( not long before the HOC H137 was announced! ) due to lack of use. It was a great guitar but I have other P90 gtrs I was using more.

Still miss it though: it had a great neck & you can't beat a slab of mahogany with P90's!

5 hours ago, bolero said:

I had an H137 in TV yellow for a long time, eventually sold it ( not long before the HOC H137 was announced! ) due to lack of use. It was a great guitar but I have other P90 gtrs I was using more.

Still miss it though: it had a great neck & you can't beat a slab of mahogany with P90's!

Spent a couple hours with mine last night.  The noiseless P90's are killer.  Plus it has a huge neck that keeps my hand fatigue to a minimum. 

On 3/1/2022 at 6:45 AM, big bob said:

Too bad. They are great players and quite a bit lighter than a 150. 

F4E3CAD2-AB29-49B5-9E27-BE38B379E6F1.jpeg

I bet you wish you didn’t sell that!

Glad I was one of the six custom orders in 2020!

40 minutes ago, Spectrum13 said:

Yes you have quite the collection started now!

My collecting is finished.  Nowadays I’m pondering which ones I’ll take to the grave….

1 hour ago, ElNumero said:

I bet you wish you didn’t sell that!

I must be getting forgetful in my old age as I don’t recall selling that one. Somebody must be really pissed at me if I did because I know I never shipped it. 

19 hours ago, big bob said:

I must be getting forgetful in my old age as I don’t recall selling that one. Somebody must be really pissed at me if I did because I know I never shipped it. 

It was a Jedi mindtrick being used to think you were selling him your 137....

Archived