Heritage Owners Club

Incoming NGD and NHOC!

DetroitBlues

Wow!  I need a Dad like you.  Are you accepting applications for a slightly decrepit, "advanced" age, second childhood, wanna-be players?

Congrats DB offspring!

Nice snatch!!!

20 hours ago, Steiner said:

Wow!  I need a Dad like you.  Are you accepting applications for a slightly decrepit, "advanced" age, second childhood, wanna-be players?

Congrats DB offspring!

Nice snatch!!!

Here I thought I was already adopted by you!

There have been a lot of changes at Heritage over the last couple of years.

There is more to this guitar than I thought.

Talking to Pete about this particular 150, apparently it was one of the last to be completely hand-built.  I guess nowadays, there is some CNC work being performed on the guitar body's and necks rough shaping.  The final sanding and shaping of both is still by hand as is the fitting.  So this wasn't just the last H150 Goldtop, it was the last fully handbuilt H150.  Also, this has Mother of Pearl unlike the acrylic now used.

Pete did perform a few upgrades on this one to include the new bridge and tailpiece along with the new pronounced truss-rod cover. 

What's even more curious was this was built by Pete himself.  He built a pair of sister guitars in 2019.

Pete told my son if he ever finds a 2019 137 Goldtop to buy it, its the only one made that year...

55 minutes ago, DetroitBlues said:

Nearly every waking moment when he is home, that guitar is in his hands or at his side...

Fantastic!!! When I got my first good electric guitar (1959 Fender Musicmaster), my mom would come into my room at night, and find me fast asleep with that guitar in my hands and take the guitar and throw a blanket on me. That guitar made me want to practice every waking moment!

6 hours ago, rockabilly69 said:

Fantastic!!! When I got my first good electric guitar (1959 Fender Musicmaster), my mom would come into my room at night, and find me fast asleep with that guitar in my hands and take the guitar and throw a blanket on me. That guitar made me want to practice every waking moment!

Guess your mom was rocking the cradle two.

6 hours ago, houndhome said:

Better than taking the blanket and throwing the guitar on you!

I had a Musicmaster once,nice guitar that punched well above it's weight.

You got that right, no El Kabong for me! My head already hurt from trying to learn how to play all those suspended chords in my "Tommy" book by THE WHO :)

I have always loved short scale Fenders because of that Musicmaster! I love the spongy neck pickup sound that '59 had!

2 hours ago, Spectrum13 said:

Guess your mom was rocking the cradle two.

Hahaha, I was thinking of another story about her. The first time I had the guts to play a guitar solo in front of her (my mom's family is very musically inclined), my little Danelectro Cadet amplifier caught fire. My mother, who has always been an immaculate house cleaner (we had nine kids and you could eat off the floors of our house), was probably in shock as the black smoke and stink of a burning resistor or two started pouring out of the back of that amp :)

I recently bought one of those amps to relive the rock and roll of my youth.

7 hours ago, rockabilly69 said:

Hahaha, I was thinking of another story about her. The first time I had the guts to play a guitar solo in front of her (my mom's family is very musically inclined), my little Danelectro Cadet amplifier caught fire. 

That was the inspiration for Jimi at Monteray 

Jimi Hendrix, Monterey Pop, CA 1967 | Jerry de Wilde

Archived