Heritage Owners Club

NGD - '93 H-150

PunkKitty

Picked up a 1993 Heritage H-150 in good condition from Facebook. I want to swap the gold hardware for aluminum nickel hardware to reduce the weight. I also don't like gold hardware. This one is only 9 pounds to begin with. I has a set of Seymour Duncan 59's. I'll replace them with a set of Wolfetone Marshallheads that I have. Fairly chunky neck. Nice instrument. I also bought a tripod so my pics will be clearer. Bear with me while I learn how to properly use it.
93 Heritage H150 back.jpg 93 Heritage H150 body.jpg 93 Heritage H150 full.jpg 93 Heritage H150 Headstock back.jpg 93 Heritage H150 Headstock.jpg

I am not a fan of gold hardware. Freaking gaudy. I am a huge fan of Wolfe's pickups. (I have a set of P-90s on the way right now for my BFG.) His Legends are actually legendary.

On 4/12/2022 at 8:29 PM, ElChoad said:

I am not a fan of gold hardware. Freaking gaudy. I am a huge fan of Wolfe's pickups. (I have a set of P-90s on the way right now for my BFG.) His Legends are actually legendary.

Gold is always in good taste....  

H157 C86.jpg

28 minutes ago, TalismanRich said:

Gold is always in good taste....  

H157 C86.jpg

If you need a set, let me know. I have a full set I removed from a LP Studio about 12 years ago that have been sitting in my parts box since. 

On 4/12/2022 at 6:29 PM, ElChoad said:

I just installed a set of Legends into my custom shop Zemaitis with Wolfe winding the bridge pickup just a bit hotter than standard and it slays. I also installed a new harness with tight tolerance CTS 500K pots, Emerson PIO caps. and a new switchcraft switch and outjack. And I have his mean and meaner P90s in my Gibson Historic SG!

On 4/12/2022 at 6:31 PM, ElChoad said:

That said, I need a real Heritage. Not the '21s I have now. They are great guitars, bit I want old school.

What do you think is better about old school? IMO, the new ones have better quality control, are generally lighter, and have better hardware. I have two OLD SCHOOL ones, and I see no advantage unless you plan to mod one like I did mine. That said, there are some decent low weight older ones out there. But I would shoot for one built after 2015 when they started using long tenons.

On 4/12/2022 at 1:19 PM, PunkKitty said:

Picked up a 1993 Heritage H-150 in good condition from Facebook. I want to swap the gold hardware for aluminum nickel hardware to reduce the weight. I also don't like gold hardware. This one is only 9 pounds to begin with. I has a set of Seymour Duncan 59's. I'll replace them with a set of Wolfetone Marshallheads that I have. Fairly chunky neck. Nice instrument. I also bought a tripod so my pics will be clearer. Bear with me while I learn how to properly use it.
93 Heritage H150 back.jpg 93 Heritage H150 body.jpg 93 Heritage H150 full.jpg 93 Heritage H150 Headstock back.jpg 93 Heritage H150 Headstock.jpg

Great color, flame, and weight Kitty, and Marshallheads are IMNSHO better sounding pickups to me than 59 Duncans! Hands down I would go with Faber lightweight tail and bridge with the SCREW IN Bushings for the ABR... https://faberusa.com/product/6008-master-kit-pro-gloss-nickel/

On 4/12/2022 at 8:31 PM, ElChoad said:

That said, I need a real Heritage. Not the '21s I have now. They are great guitars, bit I want old school.

If I was going old school, I'd look for a 140.  There is just something special about those.

Not all the new ones are better for quality control....

IMHO, still the best deals are the 2009-2018s, look for one with a good weight,  and then mod them for the hardware, pickups, ect, that you want.

There is nothing wrong with either of my '21s. They are both great guitars. But there is a certain romance to having one from when the original owners were running things. 

19 hours ago, ElChoad said:

If you need a set, let me know. I have a full set I removed from a LP Studio about 12 years ago that have been sitting in my parts box since. 

I have a set of gold Seth Lovers that were supposed to be in that guitar, but the pickup routs were too shallow.   I didn't want to go drilling on it myself, so I left the Schallers in there  until I finally decide if I really wanted to change them.   Then I can order some short legged ones.   

For now, they are doing just fine!

Still working on it. New tailpiece comes in this week along with new tuners. I had a nickel TOM bridge so I just used it. I don't know who made it, but I think it came from either Grover or Kluson. The guitar had short legged Duncan 59's and there wasn't enough depth cut in the neck pickup cavity for long legged pickups. I didn't have anything with short legs, so I had to keep the 59's, but I replaced the magnets with Alnico II and added covers. I have some CTS push/pull pots, so I'm going to add coil splits. Also drilled out the output jack so I didn't have to use a barrel jack. I hate barrel jacks. This should be ready to play in a few days.

3 hours ago, Gitfiddler said:

@PunkKittyWould a set of Duncan BlackBacks fit in your H-150?  I have a set that came in my '04 H-150 and they're hot, but very toneful.

Thanks, but I'm not looking for hot pickups. I know what 59s with A2 sound like and I'm fine with that.

Archived