Heritage Owners Club

The Prince Heritage

PunkKitty

There was an article related to the picture that was taken way back in 1987.

The guitar is a one-off custom Golden Eagle thin design with a more pronounced cutaway, shorter scale, and obviously a killer paint job.

Never saw this one put up for auction though.

https://www.mlive.com/news/kalamazoo/2016/04/prince_special_guitar_built_in.html

Tried to do a search to see where that guitar ended up.

Found a list of guitars Prince owned, the Heritage is listed as a Byrdland.

http://guitarcloud.org/equipment/princes-guitars

Pete Moreno has some pics of this guitar.  He did a fair amount of work on it.

He has a couple of albums of weird guitars he's help build over the decades.  

He built this one.  ZZ Top came to Kalamazoo to pick it up.  Pete had lunch with the band at some small restaurant.  ZZ Top was working on a comeback and the bandmates were changing their appearances.  Pete said that their table got a lot of looks.  

8c545c91a0e0ce0bab09ba80c278d273--custom-guitars-unique-guitars.jpg

I used to go to Tom Bradfield's shop in Portage and he had some pictures of that guitar and a few others that he worked on for various musicians. I remember him telling me stories of meeting ZZ Top and several others. He was a great guy and worked in the custom shop.

8 hours ago, Doug said:

I used to go to Tom Bradfield's shop in Portage and he had some pictures of that guitar and a few others that he worked on for various musicians. I remember him telling me stories of meeting ZZ Top and several others. He was a great guy and worked in the custom shop.

Same here.  I was fortunate enough to meet Tom and go to his shop on a few occasions.  I remember him telling me the story on this one.  He was a great guy.  I miss chatting with him.

Archived