Heritage Owners Club

New (used) Guitar Day - H150 CC Artisan Aged Dirty Lemon Burst with minor mods

Lkdog

Picked this up a few weeks ago and have done some minor cosmetic mods to customize it.

Have been a longtime Gibson Les Paul historic guy (owned 16 of them).

Was really curious about these newer Heritage CC H150 models. I know it is not everyone's preference but I like

aging on guitars if done well.

I really am impressed with this guitar. It is as good as any Gibson CS Les Paul I have had in terms of build, playability, and tone.

I have had a few aged ones and this is really well done.

Bottom line I want to pick it up and play it. If I have a guitar and it does not meet that test- I move it on.

I also picked up a newer (used) H535. Had been searching and going through a lot of semihollows for months.

I have had a ton of Gibson Es 335's, Yamaha SA2200's, Eastmans T486, and three other previous H535s in the past.

Will do a post with pics on the new H535 soon. It's also an excellent guitar. Heritage is doing a great job these days.

20220517_121140_resized.jpg

20220517_122333_resized.jpg

20220518_004728_resized.jpg

6 hours ago, yoslate said:

Bingo!  I had a couple of the nicest CS Lesters you could hope to find, and a Nash LP that was my go-to for years.  Once I got my aged CC, they all went.

Did you get rid of that nice gold top?    That thing felt really good, an easy player.

2 hours ago, TalismanRich said:

Did you get rid of that nice gold top?    That thing felt really good, an easy player.

It was, Rich, and I did.  Pulled the harness and PAF's out of it and put those into my 20th Anniversary 150.

5 hours ago, rockabilly69 said:

You must have got one really good guitar to have dumped the others. 

I did, Daniel.  That and the fact that a serious herd thinning is ongoing.  Think I'm done with everything short of sitting in my chair or at the computer (this, after having spent last week in the studio).  Finishing up a project in honor of Chris, drummer, co-producer, and engineer on Be Good To Yourself, who passed away in February.

That is a beautiful guitar. Congrats! 

As a side note, I know the feeling about moving guitars along. I have a '14 Trad Pro II Goldtop that I have had since August of '14. It was my #1 until I got my H-150s. Now I am looking to let it go. 

8 hours ago, yoslate said:

I did, Daniel.  That and the fact that a serious herd thinning is ongoing.  Think I'm done with everything short of sitting in my chair or at the computer (this, after having spent last week in the studio).  Finishing up a project in honor of Chris, drummer, co-producer, and engineer on Be Good To Yourself, who passed away in February.

Well Rob it's good to see at least  one of my friends successful at thinning the herd. And I'm really glad you wound up with a killer Heritage! Hey are you doing the Frankie Miller Song "Be Good To Yourself" as part of that tribute. You know he's one of my favorites...

And check this nugget out...

Given how we seem to be synched, you should have known the answer to that question:

The DeFacto Brothers (Gino and me, gtrs.; Ed, bass; the late Chris Garges, drums, engineering; Doug Davis, keys and vocs.; with The Little Big Horns, Tim Gordon and Brad Wilcox)

18 hours ago, yoslate said:

Given how we seem to be synched, you should have known the answer to that question:

The DeFacto Brothers (Gino and me, gtrs.; Ed, bass; the late Chris Garges, drums, engineering; Doug Davis, keys and vocs.; with The Little Big Horns, Tim Gordon and Brad Wilcox)

That was a really good version, everybody did a great job, and the lead vocalist really did it justice!

Archived