Heritage Owners Club

Spare Parts Build

Came across a few spare parts during some spring cleaning; handful of Sozo blue caps (.01's and .022's), some F&T filter caps, a few random resistors, and a fairly hefty Pacific Transformer OT (5.5k primary). 

I also have a few recently acquired spare 6P14-EV's on hand (EL84 equivalent)..

Was just thinking maybe I should put this stuff to use? 

IMG_1323-X4.jpg

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, DetroitBlues said:

With the resurgence of KBP810 amplification, maybe we'll see a return of PSP... Its a good omen!!!

?

Decided it's going to be something along the lines of a spitfire, but just for fun, going to stuff it into a 5E3 package. Let my daughter pick out tolex and grill cloth, which was a risk... LOL... but thankfully she went for wine taurus over pink sparkle. 

2 hours ago, kbp810 said:

?

Decided it's going to be something along the lines of a spitfire, but just for fun, going to stuff it into a 5E3 package. Let my daughter pick out tolex and grill cloth, which was a risk... LOL... but thankfully she went for wine taurus over pink sparkle. 

Shell pink would be rather interesting, especially if you're playing through a matching guitar...

It's going to be a very confused 5E3... LOL. It will be more along the lines of a match less spitfire. But going in a slightly enlarged custom 5E3(ish) chassis, and a 5E3 sized cab.

The iron will be overkill for the application; and I am still a little nervous on fit... it's going to be close. But fingers crossed. 

But then of course I just had to swing by a wood shop today… where this tall chunk of maple happened to follow me home…

So may need to make some sawdust and rethink this amps future home. 

IMG_1398-338x450.jpg

...and, well... will need to make a cab after all. Chassis finally arrived, got it drilled/punched and prepped; put the OT on to mock it up; and unfortunately the internal dimensions of the cab are slightly smaller than anticipated and the OT will make contact with the speaker frame. 

So if anyones looking for a more traditional 5E3 build using the above cab, let me know; else, will start ordering parts for one in the near future and probably post it up for sale later down the road. 

IMG_1402-X4.jpg

IMG_1405-X4.jpg

IMG_1404-X4.jpg

Still moving at a bit of a snails pace, as working on a couple other things, and trying to get a decent wood shop setup going again in the garage. 

…But, chassis is painted, and components mounted (sans for one misplaced input Jack). Just need to start wiring everything up. Primary focus this weekend is working on the cab; but should be able to find the time to melt some solder too. 

IMG_1447-600x450.jpgIMG_1445-600x450.jpg

Archived