Heritage Owners Club

Heritage owner and good friend passes away.

High Flying Bird

I learned this evening that my buddy Jim passed away.  Some of you who have visited me have met him.  He always loved seeing the HOC members when they came through town.  Keep his elderly mother in your thoughts. 

jimmyman.jpg

dscf7831_std.jpg

I never really know what to say in these circumstances. Like I told a friend just a few days ago, "Seems the older we get, the more people we know pass away." It's sobering, in a sense, but also unavoidable. Not something to fear as it's the normal progression. Yet, still can be saddening.

Ron, I've only known you since we first met at PSP I, which simultaneously seems like yesterday and not so long ago. I never met Jim, as far as I recall, but if he was anything like you, the world is diminished by his passing. It probably won't ease your burden much, but your note has prompted me, again, to pause and consider the lights that have been extinguished in my own small sphere, as well as the ones who still burn brightly. I sympathize with your loss and if there were anything I could to lighten your load, or brighten your day, know that I would give it my best effort.

Hang in there, buddy. All the best to you, Jim's family and his other friends.

On 6/10/2022 at 6:08 PM, notbillgelder said:

Sorry to hear the bad news. Jim was a great man and a good friend.

He loved giving you hell by calling you, "Barefoot Bill."  He loved the times he spent with you and Lance. 

dscf7834_std.jpg

8 hours ago, Dick Seacup said:

Ron, I've only known you since we first met at PSP I, which simultaneously seems like yesterday and not so long ago. ...if there were anything I could to lighten your load, or brighten your day, know that I would give it my best effort.

You, like many of the other people I met at the PSPs I went to -it seemed like I had known you forever.  I have been lucky enough to have several of the HOC members come here and hang out with us.  You feelings for my small tribe are most appreciated. 

Sorry to hear of your friend's passing. When you lose a friend like that, it leaves a hole in your heart that very hard to fill. Here in Ogden. we lost one of our favorite musician friends, Jon Turner, to a tragic car accident. He was only 40, and in the last few years he got a stellar rep as one of hour best guitar repair guys in town. And besides that, he was a great band frontman (Highway Thieves), who was a very good singer guitarist! He left two young boys and a wife behind, man I really feel for them. So right now I think I know a bit about how you feel!

This was my buddy singing, and playing the guitar...

Ron, my sympathies for you losing such a close friend.  As Dick pointed out, being in the checkout lane is a sobering reality.  

Ron,

I am truly sorry to here the passing on of your good friend.  You have my prayers for you, as well as his family for; comfort, emotional healing, and peace.  May you never forget all the great times you shared!

Archived