Heritage Owners Club

Updated Heritage Serial Number Decoding Chart

PunkKitty

I got tired of having to figure out the year of manufacture from the old chart. Here's an updated version.

Heritage Guitars Serial Number to Year of Manufacture Conversion
Serial Number Prefix Year of Manufacture
B 1985
C 1986
D 1987
E 1988
F 1989
G 1990
H 1991
I 1992
J 1993
K 1994
L 1995
M 1996
N 1997
O 1998
P 1999
Q 2000
R 2001
S 2002
T 2003
U 2004
V 2005
W 2006
Y 2008
Z 2009
AA 2010
AB 2011
AC 2012
AD 2013
AE 2014
AF 2015
AG 2016
AH 2017
AI 2018
AJ 2019
AK 2020
AL 2021
AM 2022

My Custom Core starts with HC. If I use the pattern on this chart and my calculations are correct, it will be made in 2194. Sweet! I can't wait! ?

ELChoad,   You have one of the fancy ones with the hard stamped numbers.  

Standard Collection:
1 (identifier) YY (year) XXXX (numerical ID)

Custom Shop:
HC1 (identifier) YY (year) XXXX (numerical ID)

I don't know what the identifier is.   All the ones I have seen with the stamped numbers are H150s, which have a 1.   Anyone have a hollow or semi with a hard number?

Personally,  I like the quaint old silver stamped ones with the "Made in Kalamazoo MI USA".    Sometimes it smeared enough that you couldn't tell what the letter or numbers were.  I think they had to retire the old stamper...it only had one letter, and it was probably getting pretty worn out.

Must have been a lot of work to print the other 25 of them, using just one letter.

I'd be worn out, too!

Might explain why so many J's look like I's and K's, M's & N's as well. I wonder which letter they had?

Excellent.  I saved this and sent it to my other computers.   Thank you.  Some of those old Heritage guitars with the janky stamped numbers stamped on them are some of the best instruments to ever come out of 225 Parsons. 

52 minutes ago, High Flying Bird said:

Excellent.  I saved this and sent it to my other computers.   Thank you.  Some of those old Heritage guitars with the janky stamped numbers stamped on them are some of the best instruments to ever come out of 225 Parsons. 

Thank You Monica!  Totally agree Ron.

7 hours ago, TalismanRich said:

ELChoad,   You have one of the fancy ones with the hard stamped numbers.  

Standard Collection:
1 (identifier) YY (year) XXXX (numerical ID)

Custom Shop:
HC1 (identifier) YY (year) XXXX (numerical ID)

I don't know what the identifier is.   All the ones I have seen with the stamped numbers are H150s, which have a 1.   Anyone have a hollow or semi with a hard number?

Personally,  I like the quaint old silver stamped ones with the "Made in Kalamazoo MI USA".    Sometimes it smeared enough that you couldn't tell what the letter or numbers were.  I think they had to retire the old stamper...it only had one letter, and it was probably getting pretty worn out.

One of these days, I will have a "proper" one with the silver stamp. One of the next things on my list of wants. 

Archived