Heritage Owners Club

Homecoming

kbp810

Tried sneaking this easter egg into the spare parts build thread; now that it's outed, it's time for a proper re-introduction. 

The 157 has made it's way back home; even managed to locate and dust off the ol' kbp810 truss rod cover 

I still remember the day I presented my lofty wish list to Marv, and left in disbelief as he gave the nod to all of them: Quilted top in vintage wine burst; 5 ply binding with cupids bow; split block inlays; 5 piece flamed maple neck; neck profiled to match a neck on a 150 i'd fell in love with; single piece mahogany back; and triple mini hum-buckers custom wound by Tom Short. 

I also re-wired it today so that all three pickups can now be engaged at the same time. The scheme where each pickup has its own volume control with a single shared master tone knob. The middle is always "on", then turn its volume knob to 0 to take it out of the mix. 

IMG_1546-XL.jpg

IMG_1548-XL.jpg

IMG_1540-XL.jpg

IMG_1539-XL.jpg

IMG_1535-XL.jpg

IMG_1537-XL.jpg

I remember that stunner!  Congrats on getting that marvelous piece back!  And Tom Short pickups!  I have some of his humbuckers and some Tele winds of his.  He's not been heard from in several years, and I'm afraid the news is not good.

Those 3 piece necks are the shit, and the flame on that one, whoa boy! BEAUTY! And just like that character that posted right above me, I am a huge fan of Tom Short pickups! I had him wind three full size humbuckers for my Zemaitis and he knocked it out of the park!

You brought that one down to Huntsville with you when y'all visited.  We went to Buck's pocket that weekend.  Good times. 

There was a distortion throughout the collective on the day that beauty went away.  It's good to see her again.

That was so fun when you were kicking the tires to design and build it! Caught Marv on a good day and he wouldn't say no to any idea you tossed at him.  Five-ply binding with a cupids bow is nearly impossible to comprehend.  Back when it was made, it was rather cheap compared to today's pricing too.  Couldn't imagine what the bespoke program at Heritage would charge for such an instrument.

Now Mr. KBP810 and I share a love for huge, Louisville slugger baseball bat necks!  Wouldn't know that with the modest description above.  The old blue H150 this was modeled after was a neck that was not for the faint of heart or those with smaller paws.  This neck is massive!  (Wish I could find that H150, it was blue top but had a flamed mahogany neck; anyone knows who has it, let me know!)

Glad you have the back, it was heartbreaking when you decided to part with it.  So many details went into this build and it should be documented to the Heritage archives as a stunning unicorn that it is.

1 hour ago, skydog52 said:

I drove you over there if my memory holds.

I believe so; at least on one of the trips out there during the process. I think it was one trip to present the wish list, again once they called me up with the quote to come down with the funds and the Blue 150 to measure the neck, and then the trip to bring it home. Something like that? 

16 hours ago, yoslate said:

I remember that stunner!  Congrats on getting that marvelous piece back!  And Tom Short pickups!  I have some of his humbuckers and some Tele winds of his.  He's not been heard from in several years, and I'm afraid the news is not good.

It is very sad, Tom was an awesome guy and talented winder. 

10 hours ago, High Flying Bird said:

You brought that one down to Huntsville with you when y'all visited.  We went to Buck's pocket that weekend.  Good times. 

That was a good trip, and still greatly appreciative of the tour and humbled by the hospitality. 

11 hours ago, kbp810 said:

That was a good trip, and still greatly appreciative of the tour and humbled by the hospitality. 

It was very good to have y'all here.  Feel free to come again. 

I remember playing that guitar at a PSP in the barn. Really nice neck. I don't get along with most triple pickup guitars as my pick hits the center one. I recall that wasn't the case with this.

Just now, TalismanRich said:

That's one of the guitars that drew the attention in the barn.  The other was that little thing that FredZepp liked to bring out.

Both had that 5 way binding on the Cupids bow.

Those are the two that come to mind when I consider Heritage's excellence.

Archived