Heritage Owners Club

Circle H Headstock Logo

To the best of my knowledge; It was something the new owners experimented with a while back (2017ish?). Then they’d quickly switched over/back to the “heritage” or “the heritage” shortly after.  

Wallace has two very nice looking H155's with the 'Circle H' brand.   

Interestingly they're both advertised as n.o.s. and 'floor models' with lower prices in the Reverb ad narrative.  Not sure how Reverb lets them get away with that.  :icon_scratch:

I took in two weary and very smelly travelers one weekend.  They had matching guitars.  The, "Circle H," looked to be well tooled but it wasn't for me.  The rest of the guitars were pretty nice. 

https://ronwarren.com/psp-south/

dscf7850_std.jpg

8 hours ago, Gitfiddler said:

Wallace has two very nice looking H155's with the 'Circle H' brand.   

Interestingly they're both advertised as n.o.s. and 'floor models' with lower prices in the Reverb ad narrative.  Not sure how Reverb lets them get away with that.  :icon_scratch:

Yea - I bought the Black one.... the pricing was very confusing ... but they were nice enough people down there in Texass  .......

It'll gp nicely with my Black H-555 NAMM Limited... 

I remember when they initially launched the circle H logo.     I think 90% of the opinions were   "well........ nah!"    

Who knows,  in 20 years those might be highly sought after, like a penny with a double strike or an album cover with the songs listed incorrectly.

To Any / All

I ended up passing on the Black one ... It has Seth Lover Pups ... not my Fave .. I thought it had 59's ...

But between us girls .. I had Jimmy Wallaces at $2375 Delivered to Florida.  No Tax. Winky thing.  

Just FYI in case that price catches anyone elses interest.  

I have a circle h guitar.  Admittedly, I hate the logo and would much rather have the alternative.   That said, the rest of the guitar is an absolute gem.  I consider it my best guitar.

When I was making the purchasing decision, it kinda reminded me of the gibson vs heritage headstock debate.  Do i really care what the headstock looks like?  Not all that much.  Staying true to that philosophy I took the bait.  Glad I did.

I think the Circle H logo was misapplied in its application.  Ken Haas of Railhammer Pickups uses a H155 as one of his demo guitars with the Circle H logo and it’s a high performance guitar.  Think metal, drop tunings, etc when I’m talking high performance.

I find it looks cool if applied to high performance guitars styles.  Hotter pickups, bright/loud finishes, other updates like locking tuners and tremolo systems.  Like a 575 in Orange with Railhammers or Filtrons, pinstipes, locking tuners, gold hardware, Bigsby…. Ideas like that.

I don’t like it on more traditional designs…

Just my thoughts anyway.

Archived