Heritage Owners Club

My H150 Custom Core did not disappoint

brentrocks

Our band played  a 4th of July show last night for the city of Bangor, Michigan.   It was put on by the Bangor Fire Department.  They put on a huge fireworks display that is one of, if not the best in SW MI!!!  

The band has played this show 8 years before I joined, so it’s like a tradition now.  

I took the CC and the korina PRS last night. The custom core 150 sounded great!!!

We had a great show!!   Great crowd!!!

124F0CAB-8C60-40C6-8302-AFBCB9D3316C.jpeg.25bb905b698e5bfe9f07c02a53697654.jpeg

51CA6088-1E63-433C-B4D9-86E733BEF5BC.jpeg.c0648ce152de6a40e16d9f8a8192464a.jpeg

BB14E677-D10C-4C64-8B60-C2D6004223E5.thumb.jpeg.42305d268417739d333990f5ade5ee1a.jpeg

So Brent, I know you've had a few custom cores, what seperated the one you kept from the ones you didn't? I know they all can look very similar, but I also know from my H150s one guitar  can sound so much different than another. Was it the sound, or feel, or something else? And with this CC have you modded anything?

13 minutes ago, rockabilly69 said:

So Brent, I know you've had a few custom cores, what seperated the one you kept from the ones you didn't? I know they all can look very similar, but I also know from my H150s one guitar  can sound so much different than another. Was it the sound, or feel, or something else? And with this CC have you modded anything?

They all setup and played GREAT!!

This one was the lightest of the 4.  This one had the biggest neck of the 4.  The top is just awesome, although, they all had really nice tops.  

I now have a Lollar imperial in the neck and a Duncan JB in the bridge.  A set of Emerson Vitamin Q caps.  I put a G style pickguard and poker chip and truss rod cover.   I also put gold speed knobs on it.  I put locking tuners on it too.  

3 hours ago, brentrocks said:

This one was the lightest of the 4.  This one had the biggest neck of the 4.  The top is just awesome, although, they all had really nice tops.  

I now have a Lollar imperial in the neck and a Duncan JB in the bridge.  A set of Emerson Vitamin Q caps.  I put a G style pickguard and poker chip and truss rod cover.   I also put gold speed knobs on it.  I put locking tuners on it too.  

OK Brent, I gotta ask. 

Which of the above-listed mods had the greatest impact on you keeping that beautiful CC 150? 

And if you say it was the G-style pickguard, please begin your immediate HOC self-inflicted banishment.  :laughing7:

16 minutes ago, Gitfiddler said:

OK Brent, I gotta ask. 

Which of the above-listed mods had the greatest impact on you keeping that beautiful CC 150? 

And if you say it was the G-style pickguard, please begin your immediate HOC self-inflicted banishment.  :laughing7:

Definitely the pickups.   But I am also a big fan of locking tuners.  

6 hours ago, brentrocks said:

All good reasons for keeping "the one", and sounds like you've made it your own, good for  you! 

For new HOC members getting the impression Brent has finally found "the one" or the "two" take heart, his quest is only beginning.  

P.S. Tim, I know what you're doing, you will not prevent this!

13 hours ago, brentrocks said:

I don't know. The one I have that you have had in your hands is pretty light. (Just a pubic hair over 8 pounds.) 

I didn't know these things were built to play, and not just be case queens. ?

On 7/5/2022 at 10:02 PM, brentrocks said:

Definitely the pickups.   But I am also a big fan of locking tuners.  

Funny thing about locking tuners, it’s not about tuning stability to me, it’s about quickly changing strings…. If Heritage had a “high performance” model, locking tuners would be a must.

Archived