Heritage Owners Club

Look what I found, in downtown Kalamazoo, of all places…

brentrocks

2 hours ago, kbp810 said:

Sometimes I wonder if it's you that finds these guitars, or if its the guitars that find you?!

I'm sure there's some sort of mysterious magnetic force going on here

This one did actually find me.  The owner of a second hand guitar shop in kzoo told me about it.

2 hours ago, Spectrum13 said:

Guess they don't make a form fit case for that.  How hot does it get in Kzoo these days?

No case with this one.   They do exist though.    

So, what we have here, is a 1986 Heritage Terminator. 

Definitely one of the most obscure Heritage models but at the same time, not exactly the most sought after.   

Designed by Marv, this was Heritage's answer to the Explorer.

This one has seen some serious action.   Headstock repair tops the list.  Despite its rough exterior, it's a wonderful player.

IMG_3330IMG_3331IMG_3332IMG_3333IMG_3334IMG_3335IMG_3336IMG_3337IMG_3338IMG_3339IMG_3340

IMG_3341

IMG_3342IMG_3343

3 hours ago, brentrocks said:

I’m taking it to our gig tonight.  I can’t wait to see my band mates reaction when I bust that out!!!

I'm sure they know enough to keep their distance from the pointy ends.

7 hours ago, golferwave said:

Looks like it's been well loved and played!  Great find Brent!

You know Scott, the fact that it had a headstock repair didn’t even really bother me.  It was a good, clean break and was put back together with care.  

15 years ago I would have turned my nose up at that…but I’m getting wiser in my old age.  Lol.  

You know, it's funny...when it's just sitting in your car (or the pics that used be on the Heritage site) the body looks huge and unwieldy. But, in that first shot with you added for scale, it doesn't look that way at all. Nice score!

53 minutes ago, Dick Seacup said:

You know, it's funny...when it's just sitting in your car (or the pics that used be on the Heritage site) the body looks huge and unwieldy. But, in that first shot with you added for scale, it doesn't look that way at all. Nice score!

I beg to differ.  I don't think Brent is huge and unwieldy at all.  It's that pointy gitfiddle that's going to hurt someone.

On 7/18/2022 at 6:08 PM, Gitfiddler said:

I beg to differ.  I don't think Brent is huge and unwieldy at all.  It's that pointy gitfiddle that's going to hurt someone.

I re-read the above post, and must apologize to my friend, Brent.  It came across a bit too snarky and personal.  Sorry, buddy. 

Tim

Archived