Jump to content
Heritage Owners Club

The H150 GT and Me


Recommended Posts

I thought I would this nice picture of me and me axe. This was in Wallace ID at their annual blues fest. My Band Moneypenny had a great time playing and picking up where we left off two years ago, seeing families faces and good people. 

FF3F1B92-3B99-45E1-9C14-B44D08EAA698.jpeg

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Ah....Wallace! Cool town. I had not seen that Gold Top. It is great!

You going to make it down here soon?

 

I still have your old PRS and still have not played it. Way too nice for someone like me.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/21/2022 at 11:39 AM, rwinking said:

Ah....Wallace! Cool town. I had not seen that Gold Top. It is great!

You going to make it down here soon?

 

I still have your old PRS and still have not played it. Way too nice for someone like me.

We have a few outdoor gigs around here this summer but not much else. We just put the band back together and are working out some stuff. I’m not super motivated with some places thinking that bands should appreciate the “exposure” in lieu of money or ask us to travel but then not supply a hotel or food at their restaurant attached to their bar. 
 

Wallace was excellent though, the people were super nice, the stage sound was perfect, two nights of hotels even though we only played one day and the pay was good. The atmosphere is also great at festivals too. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I’m only playing P90 guitars now, I prefer their sound and the way they drive an amp. I don’t use pedals so it’s all guitar volume control with a cranked up amp. P90s do this better than any other pickups for me. The H150 GT has Tyson Tonelab unpotted 60s pickups. They are killer pickups but he took 8 months to get them to me back in ‘14 I think and people are saying it’s even worse now. Throbak customs made some P90s for another guitar and I had them in the guitar on stage two weeks later, I also paid twice as much too. My other set is the original P90s in a ‘57 ES225. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

35 minutes ago, zguitar71 said:

I’m only playing P90 guitars now, I prefer their sound and the way they drive an amp. I don’t use pedals so it’s all guitar volume control with a cranked up amp. P90s do this better than any other pickups for me. The H150 GT has Tyson Tonelab unpotted 60s pickups. They are killer pickups but he took 8 months to get them to me back in ‘14 I think and people are saying it’s even worse now. Throbak customs made some P90s for another guitar and I had them in the guitar on stage two weeks later, I also paid twice as much too. My other set is the original P90s in a ‘57 ES225. 

What do you like better the Tysons or the Throbaks? I have two sets of Tyson Precious and Grace Humbuckers, and they sound pretty good, but I did swap one set out for a set of Wolfetone Legends that I prefer for a little more output at the bridge position.

I don't know if he's getting his sh*t together, but if he is, I may order a set of his P90s.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, rockabilly69 said:

What do you like better the Tysons or the Throbaks? I have two sets of Tyson Precious and Grace Humbuckers, and they sound pretty good, but I did swap one set out for a set of Wolfetone Legends that I prefer for a little more output at the bridge position.

I don't know if he's getting his sh*t together, but if he is, I may order a set of his P90s.

The TTL pickups are just slightly better imo. The Throbaks were made to my specifications so it could be that their standard brew sounds as good as the TTLs. The Throbaks are both 8.5 ohms with A3s in the the neck and A5s in the bridge. I love the neck pickup with the A3 magnets. 

Edited by zguitar71
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/23/2022 at 9:32 PM, zguitar71 said:

The TTL pickups are just slightly better imo. The Throbaks were made to my specifications so it could be that their standard brew sounds as good as the TTLs. The Throbaks are both 8.5 ohms with A3s in the the neck and A5s in the bridge. I love the neck pickup with the A3 magnets. 

Almost every electric guitar that I use with humbuckers or P90s uses an A3 in the neck! I just like the clarity!

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...