Heritage Owners Club

Roy Clark and His Heritage

Genericmusic

8 hours ago, Vanschoyck said:

I use DR strings.  I doubt that the ones in the link were made back then.  Good guess though. 

I bought my first Heritage from the owner of Instruments Unlimited, Mr. Walker, here in Huntsville in 1989.  He called the factory and they had a black 150 like I wanted and they could send down here that afternoon.  Wow! 

When I went to pick it up on Monday Mr Walker told me that Heritage called them back after it had been shipped.  He said that they built two of these for Roy Clark and he selected the other. I thought it was a neat story but didn't think much about it.  A year or two later a buddy called me and told to turn on my TV and watch Hee-Haw.  Roy was playing an identical guitar.  In 2008 Marv remembered and told me Roy broke the headstock off of his 150 while on the road. 

black-150.jpg

I bought a few sets of the neon lime green DR strings 10-46. They sounded dead just like Roys guitar did in this video. I was hoping they would sound like a regular set of round wounds, but was disappointed. They sounded like old flatwounds.

Roy was my idol in the 70s. I actually jammed with him when I was 14. When he came to town in 1974, I met him back stage before he went on for his show. We played 5 of his songs that I knew. He really was an inspiration for me and my style of playing. He mentioned I should learn all types of music instead of just one style. You'll never be out of work if you learn it all. I took that advice to heart.

11 hours ago, jay535 said:

I bought a few sets of the neon lime green DR strings 10-46.

As a joke a buddy bought me a set of neon yellow for my gold top 137.  They felt dead to me.  The sound wasn't so great either but the feel of them made me take them off.  I like DR Pure Blues. 

11 hours ago, myoldfriend said:

That a beer can hanging from the ceiling? ?

6 hours ago, Spectrum13 said:

Alabama telephone?

5 hours ago, Steiner said:

:laughing4:

Old Friend, I had a, "buddy," who would show up from time to time and complain that I should use that hook for a swag light -he was very judgemental.  I got tired of hearing it and hung the beer can up there to shut him up.  I found the jacket in the apartment's dumpster.  The jacket went back but the beer can stayed. 

Spectrum, we use sturdier cans for our phones down here. 

You can laugh Steiner but I have central air conditioning. 

Archived