Heritage Owners Club

Johnny Smith reboot

MartyGrass

I got this close to a year ago.  I asked Pete Moreno to take care of the dings on the top.  I just got it back.

Not everyone is a green fan.  I felt the same way about red and blue archtops.  My feelings changed when I got them.  Now green also is good.

Here are the original pics.  Note Vince Lewis playing it.

51720800470_0310a03d46_c.jpg

51719115612_c78548295c_c.jpg

51719919656_b096ce0539_c.jpg

Holy Guacamole, it's the Avocado burst!  Looks delicious!

Puns aside, I actually like green guitars but I think it's an acquired taste.

I remember a cool H140 in Green with gold hardware.  I think if the hardware was gold matched with an ebony fretboard, it would be sharp.  

On 8/1/2022 at 2:25 AM, MartyGrass said:

I got this close to a year ago.  I asked Pete Moreno to take care of the dings on the top.  I just got it back.

Not everyone is a green fan.  I felt the same way about red and blue archtops.  My feelings changed when I got them.  Now green also is good.

Here are the original pics.  Note Vince Lewis playing it.

51720800470_0310a03d46_c.jpg

51719115612_c78548295c_c.jpg

51719919656_b096ce0539_c.jpg

Beautiful !!!

6 hours ago, busujiujitsu said:

Gorgeous!!

and voice is wonderful too!

Thank you, I recorded that track right after I put a Titanium Tru-Arc bridge on the Gretsch. With the power chords in the middle, I was trying to emulate what I liked about the way Pete Townsend played. I don't have a Tweed Fender Bandmaster like he does so I used an Amplitube Fender II amp sim. It was close enough for rock and roll :)

The finish color is not an issue to me.  I've had blue, black, orange and white.  The all become normal and attractive in a while.  The guitar plays and sounds super.

I got an American Eagle at a ridiculously low price years ago.  It was listed on this forum.  The father of the poster bought it in the early 1990s or late 1980s.  He didn't play it much.  The son inherited it but played folk guitar.  Patrick, who some will remember, hated the guitar model because the the ornamentation but lived near the seller.  I asked Patrick to check it out.

The seller and Patrick met in a restaurant.  Patrick evaluated the guitar, checked the truss rod function, and did a mirror exam of the interior.  He called me and it is solid.  He handed over my money and took the guitar.  He planned on driving to Kalamazoo for a Heritage run in a couple of weeks and would drop it off to me then.

In those weeks he polished all the gold, set up the guitar, restrung it and played it.  After a week he claimed it is a masterly built instrument and no longer looks as strange to him.  By the time he brought it to me, he liked the design.  He somehow understood the symbology of it.

I went through the same process.  Now I like the design of it.

These days, green is ok with me.

Archived