Heritage Owners Club

Heritage Guitars Repair Manager

MartyGrass

Rob Doolittle just accepted the position at Heritage.  Rob is a gifted and very dedicated luthier.  He has decades of experience.  This is good news.

I have been fortunate to have him work on my instruments in his basement shop.  He'll be a great addition to Heritage.  I hope he'll bring back some of the archtop line.

Here are three projects he completed for me.  First is the restoration of the unique Howard Roberts harness with a midrange pot and a new pickguard.  The second is a Heritage Gretsch Eldorado in which he built a single coil pickup for.  Third is a Heritage D'Angelico New Yorker he installed a Dearmond pickup on with Schatten controls.

50464489428_fa333ae5af_c.jpg

51554139138_df2601f935_c.jpg

51995782646_2a753aaf2b_c.jpg

Heritage is long overdue for a dedicated repair person.  

Customer accidents, shipping mishaps, and other repair items are part of the process.

For the H140 I used to have, I wish I could have sent the guitar into Heritage to replace the neck.

A skilled luthier should have been able to remove the headstock veneer, pull the fretboard, and replace the neck.

While an expensive process, the work being done would have been worth it.

Good news.  Did the old repair guy retire?  I forget his name.   

10 hours ago, ElNumero said:

Good news.  Did the old repair guy retire?  I forget his name.   

Jack French

Jack is still there, at least as of a month ago.  But again, he could retire anyday.  My suspicion here is he wants to move to part time/consulting.  So Rob is a full time manager which also implies there will be some staff working for him for repairs.

Archived