Heritage Owners Club

First Post Pandemic Gig (H550 Content)

tsp17

Sorry about the other accidental post.  Admin please delete it if you want/can.  Haven't been posting so maybe my skills have eroded!  My bad.

Here is the post i meant to do....

----------

Hi my old HOC friends- long time no see....so nice to know that HOC is always here even when we've been away for a while.

Very fun evening with terrific musicians.  So great to play out again after all that isolation and challenge of the time.  Grateful to experience such an energizing and warm human moment again.

Venue was fantastic, with a green room, excellent sound engineer, ambient light show, and a large digital screen in the lobby with the music streaming.  

Was an amazing night.  Played my old pal H550.  (@MartyGrassyou might remember that ebony tailpiece you sold to me many years ago.)   She delivered the goods.  Got a lot of compliments on the 550.  Hats off to my bandmates who really brought the magic.  Pics below include a couple from the digital screen.

Wonderful to hear from you.  Awesome return to live performances.  When I first became aware of Heritage Guitars, I spoke with Ren for a long time about my interest in a H-550.  He gushed about the model, referring to it a a real workhorse.  

Welcome back.

Thanks all.

That H550 is a wonderful player.  Big, beautiful, and very player oriented scale, and neck.  Fairly feedback resistant, but not feedback immune.  She makes a great first impression and then backs it up with tone.  Mine is set up with Lollar Imperial low-winds. Great match for the H550 if you are looking for a classic jazz tone that can bring a little more bite by going to middle or bridge position.   Super versatile.    My go to gigging guitar. 

• 1 month later...
On 8/25/2022 at 9:21 PM, Gitfiddler said:

@tsp17...Awesome photos!  Looks like you had fun with your bandmates.  H550's are amazing sounding and playing jazz boxes. 

On 8/26/2022 at 4:27 AM, MartyGrass said:

The H-550 just didn't get the respect it so truly deserved.  Good looking, playing and sounding.

Three mods on this 550, Lollar Imperial Low-Wind pickups, ebony tone and volume knobs and a Benedetto style ebony tailpiece (courtesy of @MartyGrass in the before-times).  This H550 originally had one of those big H tailpieces that I gave to our dear departed @RhoadsScholarjust before he died.  He wanted to put it on a custom build when he retired.  Sadly, he passed before he go to do it, so I hope the tailpiece is in guitar heaven with him.  

On 10/8/2022 at 3:28 PM, tsp17 said:

One more photo, the light show was great fun and they did some effects on the digital screen in the bar area.  

780258D7-3DE1-4569-A69F-477D8E34C1E5.jpeg

cool pic and great looking H550! I have always liked the looks of an H550 and with the Lollar low wind pickups I bet it sounds great! I've heard they would occasionally custom make one in a short scale, man would I love one of those! 

• 4 weeks later...

Way to go!

Anyone come across an H550 with p90s or other single coils? The early ES-350s came with p90s (three of ‘em I believe).

Love the Imps, will switch them into my H550.

Archived