Heritage Owners Club

Happy NADs to me :)

Steiner

New on the market is an amp that deserves attention.  Today is the official debut of of the best amp I've ever played; the Metropoulos Super-Plex Mark II.  This powerhouse gives up more than just the JTM 45.  For example, it has an entirely new master volume that doesn't alter the tone like previous MVs.  It gives up that preferred sound at today's reasonable stage levels.  Like every Metropoulos I own, any and all settings yield good sounds.  He has also included a switchhable circuit to voice his amp to the early Fender tweed Bassman - remember the Marshall is born from the Fender circuit.  He has added a boost switch that allows for adding volume, gain or both; can you say lead?  If you're looking for "that sound" I highly recommend you consider Metropoulos.  He makes good amps and backs them up with the best customer service I've encountered.

The Marshall sound is impregnated in the soundtrack to my life.  These amps really take me back.  I've spent the past two decades going through 3 dozen boutique amps.  None compare to George's creations.  I'll keep a few of the old friends but most are about to get kicked to the curb.  For the past 3 years I've practiced only on a DVL-1 (another one of George's creations).  For the first time, I'm consistently progressing.  His creations are extremely versatile tools.  I no longer struggle with amp settings; that, alone, has brought back the joy of playing. I love it.

I am not affiliated with Metropoulos amps.  I just searched so long for this sound and am excited to share the opportunity.  Check out George's video:

The attention to detail George puts in shows.  Playing guitar is no longer that frustrating attempt to "dial in" an acceptable sound.  You see in his video that dropping the gain produces a full, high-fi, clean(ish), jazzy sound.  That's using just a guitar, amp and cab.  No detailed string of pedals necessary.  When done practicing, in addition to realizing my sheepish ear-to-ear smile, I kiss the guitar for giving up that sound I hear in studio produced songs. The way the chords and individual notes blossom and hang, the subtle or strong attack based on the right hand.  It just works.  These amps are amazing.

Wasn't it @rjsanderswho proclaimed boutique amps for boutique guitars?  Perhaps we might add:  Life's to short to play mediocre gear.  I'm too old to work on the gear; I want my gear to work for me.

When I bought the first Metropoulos I was charged full retail.  That bothered me because ALL gears has a discount built in.  As I played the amp at home I quickly came to the realization that they didn't charge me enough.

• 2 weeks later...

I know when playing those amps, I hear some magic coming from them.  I hear songs and tones of some of my favorite guitarists that play, "blowing and going".  No pedals, no effects.  Just a cranked amp that give the warm open sound, that sounds so full and rich.  Its hard to explain, but once you play it, you cannot unplay it.  It unleashes a sound like no other.  Every amp you play after playing one of these, you'll try to compare but you can't.

I myself am looking forward to trying this new model.  While Marshall amps are my favorite sound of an amp, my favorite "blues" amp has been a Bassman.  Knowing this amp taps into that realm, I'm stoked to hear it.  

3 hours ago, DetroitBlues said:

I know when playing those amps, I hear some magic coming from them.  I hear songs and tones of some of my favorite guitarists that play, "blowing and going".  No pedals, no effects.  Just a cranked amp that give the warm open sound, that sounds so full and rich.  Its hard to explain, but once you play it, you cannot unplay it.  It unleashes a sound like no other.  Every amp you play after playing one of these, you'll try to compare but you can't.

I myself am looking forward to trying this new model.  While Marshall amps are my favorite sound of an amp, my favorite "blues" amp has been a Bassman.  Knowing this amp taps into that realm, I'm stoked to hear it.  

Most amps seem to require a small range of TMB to unleash the dragon of sweet sound.  Deviate from that range and the magic is gone.  Most still sound good but they no longer give up the goods.  The Metropoulos aren't that way.  Playing wheel of fortune with any control simply gives a new flavor of wow.  This latest MK II has a master volume that provides wow at low levels - that's unheard of!  Being the kind that never includes features unless they pass his very critical scrutiny, George's Tweed switch no doubt gives up the goods.

I'm stoked to hear your new gal.  Once I take delivery, we should take them out back and make whitecaps on the water!

Archived