Heritage Owners Club

What did I buy ?

benzoproducerx

nice! my first guess is Schaller pickups (two screw holes on each side). Heritage was also using Seymour Duncan 59's then, others will zero in on it..  the tailpiece is Schaller for sure.

welcome

Sorry for your loss. 

Your headstock image appears to show a thin Mahogany stripe down the middle.  That typically indicates a 3 piece (Maple/Mahogany/Maple) neck.

Heritage tended to use flame maple on their necks, which is considered an upgrade to an already top of the line semi-hollow.

Do you have a photo of the back of the neck?

628823370_305472827_1055176871714058_1948071720046394331_n(1).thumb.jpg.f9b419730ae4c5f1108d0b3bbcc421ef.jpg

1 hour ago, DetroitBlues said:

Wasn't that typically used in a burst?  This appears to be one consistent color.

They had that particular color back then.  It says Amber on the cavity tag.

Here is a H-550 off the sight in that color.

H550AMB-T.jpg

7 hours ago, DetroitBlues said:

You bought a Heritage 555 in antique natural finish.

This model is no longer produced, but a beautiful example regardless.

Value for sold listings based upon Reverb's sold listings, $2250 to $3000.

Congratulations on the acquisition, my condolences to your loss.

Thankyou man, I really do love this guitar ahh so it's no longer produced I get it now it was a little hard trying to find out what it was on the heritage website you have cleared things up alot! And thankyou my family member really really loved his guitars he had an exceptional collection. And this was one of them ?

9 hours ago, benzoproducerx said:

Yeah just one color,  hm do you think they made this on request? 

Back in the old days Heritage would make special orders and also make one off customs to sell to their distributors.  

Back during the original ownership, nearly every single Heritage was a custom order.  Dealers picked the colors and occasional pickup/hardware, wood package, etc.... 

Unfortunately in those days, there wasn't any COA or special documents indicating a custom order other than a receipt and something written on the guitar label.

Nice guitar "2001" I like that guitar... As anyone who knows me knows the last thing I need is another F'n Guitar but that one deserves to live in Vegas and I would have a very hard time resisting the opportunity to buy or trade for her even though she's a factory spec guitar!  Do me a favor and don't tell me if she has that skinny 2001 neck!

Archived