Heritage Owners Club

New PuP Day!

DetroitBlues

Love the sound of Railhammers in my Sensei, so I reached out to Railhammer and asked for a recommendation for my 535 based upon my playing style.

Recommended a Nuevo90 Neck Pickup (P90) and a Hypervintage Railhammer for the bridge.

Wow.  They nailed it.  Clean/Jazz blues in the neck for a mellow yet clear tone and some serious grit in the bridge that takes high gain to the next level.

Wow!

258DFC9F-E664-4CAA-B124-7D47FB409B6C.jpeg

29700E71-DEE2-43C1-9DE0-98D3A0454D44.jpeg

On 9/23/2022 at 7:51 AM, BillyC said:

I am not familiar with the pu's but that is a nice guitar love the top!

They were invented about ten years ago by Joe Naylor founder of Naylor amplification and Reverend Guitars.  He has them as an upgrade pickup for aftermarket and also stock in many Reverend models.  I tried a set once about 8 years ago, but they were the original type that were way too much output for the H150 sound I was looking for.  Most recently, I rediscovered their hypervintage lineup which is voiced more like a vintage PAF style pickup.  Even at high gain, the note definition is very clear.  Rather uncanny how they work, but they sound great.  Almost like you are running a stereo setup with a mild breakup/clean amp mixed with high gain.  Hard to explain, but I really love this setup.  The Nuevo90 is new to me, but when I played it the first time, I was blown away.  My favorite blues tune is Stormy Monday and this Nuevo90 sounded amazing.  Cleans up when rolled back on volume, and the tone knob is key to mellow it a bit.  

9 minutes ago, DetroitBlues said:

They were invented about ten years ago by Joe Naylor founder of Naylor amplification and Reverend Guitars.  He has them as an upgrade pickup for aftermarket and also stock in many Reverend models.  I tried a set once about 8 years ago, but they were the original type that were way too much for my H150 I had.  Most recently, I rediscoverd their hypervintage lineup which is voiced more like a vintage PAF style pickup.  Even at high gain, the note definition is very clear.  Rather uncanny how they work, but they sound great.  Almost like you are running a stereo setup with a mildbreakup/clean amp mixed with high gain.  Hard to explain, but I really love this setup.  The Nuevo90 is new to me, but when I played it the first time, I was blown away.  My favorite blues tune is Stormy Monday and this Nuevo90 sounded amazing.  Cleans up when rolled back on volume, and the tone knob is key to mellow it a bit.  

I will have to look those up now lol. My H 150 that i bought used several years ago came with SD antiquity pu's which i like so i leave them be but i take spells for something different. thanks

On 9/24/2022 at 7:49 AM, Heinz said:

Besides pickups....

beautiful guitar even plastic tuner buttons look good on it

I like the tuner buttons (witches teeth as someone described them once)  and reflector knobs, two of the things I specifically asked for.  Not everyone loves that type of tuners or control knobs.  Tried to get a 50's 335 theme although the reflector knobs are 60's style 

19 minutes ago, ElNumero said:

Did they replace SD 59’s or Seth’s? Plan on keeping the originals?

Replaced Seth Lovers.  While Seth's sound fantastic, I decided I wanted something that could handle higher gain stuff.  Back when I ordered it, I didn't play the kind of music I'm playing now.

Hey DB with your new Apogee unit can you post clips of the new pickups (Stormy Monday would be great)

I also like the plastic kluson style button and reflectors, actually that is my favorite setup on all my Gibsons and I wish my H150s came with that stock. I did put reflectors on one of my H150's but I don't want to swap out the grovers because I don't to redrill in my headstock.

I love this particular H150 and I think the reflectors look great on it.

557862_H150Reflectors.jpg.34759d5ff215a3eea10fcd970f49f10b.jpg

16 hours ago, rockabilly69 said:

Hey DB with your new Apogee unit can you post clips of the new pickups (Stormy Monday would be great)

I also like the plastic kluson style button and reflectors, actually that is my favorite setup on all my Gibsons and I wish my H150s came with that stock. I did put reflectors on one of my H150's but I don't want to swap out the grovers because I don't to redrill in my headstock.

I love this particular H150 and I think the reflectors look great on it.

557862_H150Reflectors.jpg.34759d5ff215a3eea10fcd970f49f10b.jpg

I haven't fully dived into the capabilities of the unit.  Basically just using it as an interface to play silently in the evenings.  But I'll try to get something tonight.

Archived