Heritage Owners Club

H-150 with original gold hardware

dmruschell

• 4 weeks later...

I asked Heritage about whether my H-150 is an Ultra or not. They ended up forwarding my email to Ren Wall, who responded. I'm a bit in awe that he took the time to answer.

Here is the relevant portion of the email.

--------------------------

Ultra means your H150 CM has an upgraded top ( upcharge on original order).
We also came out with a H150 CM Ultra that  has the ultra top built into the price.
Basically, they are both the same in the end.  

If your guitar has HRW pickups, there will be a gold label on the bottom of the pickup. Toggle cap will have a dot in the end.  They are mounted with two black phillip's screws, on each side,  for height adjustment.

Your guitar was made H150 CM/ HRW pickups with an  upcharge maple top.

One is an upcharge and the Ultra version a model. One in the same.
--------------------------

This would explain why mine appears to be an Ultra, but isn't labeled as such. It basically is an Ultra, just by way of an upcharge on the top instead of being ordered as an Ultra model. Hopefully, this may answer someone else's question in the future if someone else happens to find a guitar like mine and is trying to figure out what it is.

It's also a NGD. H-150 number 4 arrived today, a 2017 Chestnut Burst with a gorgeous flamed top. The red is much deeper in person than in the picture, and the flame and wood grain had be looking at the listing for a few days before I gave in to temptation.

May be an image of guitar

Archived