Jump to content
Heritage Owners Club

Am I missing something?


PunkKitty
 Share

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, ElNumero said:

Brent mentioned that he was unimpressed with the tuners on his. He called them total crap. How can a guitar in this price range be outfitted with junk?

They look like Gotohs to me. I was looking at the contour of the knob. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, PunkKitty said:

They look like Gotohs to me. I was looking at the contour of the knob. 

That's what they look like to me as well; except Gotoh typically doesn't make junk. Schaller and Wilkinson also make a similar style (probably others too; just the two I know of off hand). 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, kbp810 said:

That's what they look like to me as well; except Gotoh typically doesn't make junk. Schaller and Wilkinson also make a similar style (probably others too; just the two I know of off hand). 

None of those brands are junk. It would be helpful to see the trademark stamp on the underside of the tuner. Then we could trace the manufacturer.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, PunkKitty said:

None of those brands are junk. It would be helpful to see the trademark stamp on the underside of the tuner. Then we could trace the manufacturer.

Oh yes, that was a poorly written post; I didn't mean to imply that they were. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, kbp810 said:

Oh yes, that was a poorly written post; I didn't mean to imply that they were. 

I understand. All I'm saying is that if we can see the stamp on the bottom of the tuner, we can trace the manufacturer.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

57 minutes ago, kbp810 said:

So they are in fact Gotoh's that come on the custom cores?

No. Brent posted a pic of the Gotohs that he replaced the stock tuners with. Just an error. No big deal.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...