Heritage Owners Club

H-575 Custom back again

MartyGrass

• 4 months later...

I know this is a bit late but Im looking for someone to do some finish work on my 575. New to this forum but was getting ready to ask, Is Mr Hines in the business or friends and or if he would be interested in looking at my guitar. Ive seen Martys name a lot, Your guitar looks really good hoping you might recommend someone...mabey you just did. 

Thanks, Rick

• 2 weeks later...

Here's my philosophy.  I guitar should look good, maybe great.  You will hold it near your body in your most creative and even emotional states.  It should also not fight you with your playing.  It should seem natural.  It also should fit your body.  Lastly, it should sing to you.

This guitar, as well as others, does this in spades.

I really like the block inlays. Most H-575s look incomplete to me. The figured body with a plain dot neck just doesn't seem right.

6 hours ago, RJLII said:

I really like the block inlays. Most H-575s look incomplete to me. The figured body with a plain dot neck just doesn't seem right.

Blocks or Dots both look great on my H575's.

(Click to correct photo aspect)  ?

NFA3kw.jpg

The only thing better than an H-575 is TWO H-575s!

Beautiful!

Here is mine I searched and waited for close to 2 years.  I'm sure Pete Farmer and maybe Jim had a hand in this one.  Love it and it's comfortable in my hands.

IMG_5836.jpg

Thanks to Marty Ive contacted Gary, not only is he a great luthier but a super nice guy I was able to have an extended phone call and he gave invaluable advice on my git. Im in central cal but when I move forward on repairs the guitars going to Portland.

Thanks to Marty and Gary, great connection!

Rick

Archived