Heritage Owners Club

Heritage H-575

Hal

Hi Everyone,

This is my first post.   

Does anyone know if Heritage Guitar model H575 was ever finished in Green?   If so what particular color green was it ?

I have a H575 that has Green written on its label and the guitar has been refinished, so looking to get it back to the original color.

The label is the scroll type that was used in the 1990's thru at least 2002.

Any info would be helpful.

Thanks,

Hal

I've only ever seen either transparent green or a transparent green burst; I don't think I've ever seen an opaque/painted green (might exist, Heritage was very much a custom shop).  

Even if it was for some reason originally finished in opaque/painted green, I would certainly stick with a transparent (if you do decide to proceed with a refinish back to green). My guess is it was likely a non-burst, as the label might have specified "Green Burst" or "GB" or something if it was the burst variant, but that's just me wagering a guess. Hopefully some others can chime in with some feedback here too. 

Would be interested to see current pictures of it if you don't mind sharing. 

Green burst example:

s-l1600.jpg

Regular transparent green example 

750-H150SEGT_angle.jpg

The guitar has what appears to be red opaque based on the color chart.  I was just assuming it had been refinished but there is no indication that it was.  It also has an unconventional serial number that looks more like a Gibson number (7 numbers) but it does not look like it was stamped looks more like a decal.

Thanks again for the info!   The translucent emerald green is a spectacular in my opinion.

Does the guitar look legit?

5C291D71-E4C5-44D1-81AD-44D235FCA494.jpeg

15 minutes ago, Hal said:

Thanks again for the info!   The translucent emerald green is a spectacular in my opinion.

Does the guitar look legit?

5C291D71-E4C5-44D1-81AD-44D235FCA494.jpeg

Yes it does. 

Here is what the serial number is on the back of my guitar.  It does not match Heritage's serial numbering system.  Any ideas what this number means?

Thanks!

IMG_3961 (1).jpeg

1 hour ago, Hal said:

Here is what the serial number is on the back of my guitar.  It does not match Heritage's serial numbering system.  Any ideas what this number means?

Thanks!

IMG_3961 (1).jpeg

That is not theirs.  I've never seen anything like that. Their old system always started with letter(s).

Date Your Heritage | Heritage Guitars

It's a conundrum.  The guitar has a correct original label inside with the word Green written on it, that by the way, is written exactly the same with identical handwritten upper and lower case letters as other guitars that were finished in emerald green.   The entire guitar has all original Heritage guitar parts(neck, tuners, body, pickguard, headstock Heritage logo inlay, guitar case etc.).   

Thanks for all your help, I really appreciate it!

Hal

My guess now is the entire guitar was green, stripped down and refinished.  Because the SN was stamped, the only way to put it "back on" is what the refinisher did.  Obviously, it was not refinished at Heritage.  The guitar looks to be the real deal regardless.

On 11/28/2022 at 2:24 PM, Spectrum13 said:

As it is no longer green and thus refinished the factory numbers might have been destroyed and recreated thus.

20 minutes ago, DetroitBlues said:

My guess now is the entire guitar was green, stripped down and refinished.  Because the SN was stamped, the only way to put it "back on" is what the refinisher did.  Obviously, it was not refinished at Heritage.  The guitar looks to be the real deal regardless.

I just don't understand why they wouldn't put the original serial number on it.  That era it should have a letter first....

Guitar definitely looks legit with that hardware.

1 minute ago, skydog52 said:

I just don't understand why they wouldn't put the original serial number on it.  That era it should have a letter first....

Guitar definitely looks legit with that hardware.

Possible the stamp was faded/worn out.  There are many times the S/N is almost impossible to read.

On 11/29/2022 at 4:16 PM, DetroitBlues said:

Possible the stamp was faded/worn out.  There are many times the S/N is almost impossible to read.

I think it's probably the other probability you mentioned.  When it was refinished, whoever did the work put that serial number on.   They might not have even paid attention to what the original number was, and since it wasn't on the label,  they had to come up with an alternative.

Update on the Heritage H-575.  I removed the pickups and discovered I was wrong there is evidence of a refinish. In regard to the pots and pickup- does everything look original?  
Thanks for all the helpful information as well as your opinions!

Hal

95FC1813-021E-4F80-9FB4-34960AB09DAB.jpeg

2FA121E3-B2E0-4FDB-AE1F-6A62E9B0ACAA.jpeg

Archived