Heritage Owners Club

H-150 20th Aniversary number 28

BelgiumDave

Hi, 

My name is Dave and i'm a player from Belgium.

In 2007 i purchased a H-150 20th aniversary with number 28 from a store in Holland called Haar guitar and parts.

I never realized until recently that there were only 40 builds of this guitar.IMG_1368.thumb.JPEG.78ea17cfc2796636ace60750d5e0c891.JPEG

Here is my question, 

What is this guitar worth now?

Kind regards, 

Dave from Belgium.

Tough call on the value. Heritage used values are up, but while steadily growing, there's still not yet always a significant demand for the rare ones. 

There's also the condition. Someone who appreciates what it is as a collector, may also be looking for something that was a case queen (mint condition); though on the same note, plenty of people out there that are into the aged look; and naturally aged trumps artisan aged. 

Wish I could be more of more help, but lots of variables. I want to throw a number out there, but worried I might over value it based on my biased appreciation of what it is. Either way, that's an awesome 150 you have there, and looks like it's been well loved over the years. 

Oh man, the wear on that one!!  I love the fact that it's been played within an inch of its life (assuming that's authentic play wear).  It's beautiful!  But as Brian states above, there are a lot of variables involved in determining value.  They're generally worth what you can get for one from the right buyer.  I have #38.  It was very clean when I bought it twelve years ago.  I paid $1500 for it then.  It's been a working guitar, and has its share of dings.  It is an incredible instrument!  Good luck!

I'd toss out the idea the worth is between $2000 and $2500, all dependant on the right buyer.  I'm sure you can ask for a lot more, but its all a matter of finding the right buyer. 

Not sure if this one was aged artificially or not, but it looks really cool!

12 hours ago, kbp810 said:

Tough call on the value. Heritage used values are up, but while steadily growing, there's still not yet always a significant demand for the rare ones. 

There's also the condition. Someone who appreciates what it is as a collector, may also be looking for something that was a case queen (mint condition); though on the same note, plenty of people out there that are into the aged look; and naturally aged trumps artisan aged. 

Wish I could be more of more help, but lots of variables. I want to throw a number out there, but worried I might over value it based on my biased appreciation of what it is. Either way, that's an awesome 150 you have there, and looks like it's been well loved over the years. 

Thanks! ??

35 minutes ago, DetroitBlues said:

I'd toss out the idea the worth is between $2000 and $2500, all dependant on the right buyer.  I'm sure you can ask for a lot more, but its all a matter of finding the right buyer. 

Thank you! ??

36 minutes ago, DetroitBlues said:

Thank you!??

3 hours ago, LK155 said:

A couple of months ago I gifted mine (#20, pretty well mint) to son Chris.  At the time I consulted with the forum's head Heritage guru on its value, and his estimate was $3K.

nbDgrpa.jpg?1

Just stunning!!  Perfect, really....

19 hours ago, BelgiumDave said:

Hi, 

My name is Dave and i'm a player from Belgium.

In 2007 i purchased a H-150 20th aniversary with number 28 from a store in Holland called Haar guitar and parts.

I never realized until recently that there were only 40 builds of this guitar.IMG_1368.thumb.JPEG.78ea17cfc2796636ace60750d5e0c891.JPEG

Here is my question, 

What is this guitar worth now?

Kind regards, 

Dave from Belgium.

Love it... looks like she has made you some money as a reliable workhorse

6 hours ago, DetroitBlues said:

Thanks!?

15 hours ago, yoslate said:

Oh man, the wear on that one!!  I love the fact that it's been played within an inch of its life (assuming that's authentic play wear).  It's beautiful!  But as Brian states above, there are a lot of variables involved in determining value.  They're generally worth what you can get for one from the right buyer.  I have #38.  It was very clean when I bought it twelve years ago.  I paid $1500 for it then.  It's been a working guitar, and has its share of dings.  It is an incredible instrument!  Good luck!

Thanks ??

If that is authentic playwear it looks like it was rode hard and put away wet. Though it doesn't look authentic to me, and whether it is or isn't, most prospective buyers will probably question it. To lose that much finish from playing it would border on abuse, and I have more than a few guitars older than than that which were gigged regularly with much less wear. 

That said, some people love that look, and I'm sure some will pay a premium for that whether it's authentic wear or not. I would price it at $2200

3 hours ago, rockabilly69 said:

I would price it at $2200

I say more around $1700.00 if you wanted to sell it.  $2300.00 for insurances purposes.  If I loved a guitar so much to get that much damage I sure wouldn't want to sell it.

10 hours ago, High Flying Bird said:

I say more around $1700.00 if you wanted to sell it.  $2300.00 for insurances purposes.  If I loved a guitar so much to get that much damage I sure wouldn't want to sell it.

Well… i did A lot of Miles On this les Paul but i bought her in this shape, The guitar builder who sold it to me did the relic but he went A Little bit to far… 

I'm one of those weird people who will buy--and actually prefer buying--working instruments. Love a guitar with authentic "I've done time in a bar band" wear. I don't, however, appreciate the relic a new guitar thing and wouldn't buy one. Weird, I know, but there it is. 

11 hours ago, BelgiumDave said:

Well… i did A lot of Miles On this les Paul but i bought her in this shape, The guitar builder who sold it to me did the relic but he went A Little bit to far… 

This web site didn't get going until around 2007 or so.  You have been a member all along but none of us knew it.  Keep that guitar.  You will be hard pressed to find another that you will keep that long. 

Archived