Heritage Owners Club

Just signed up for this thank you

dvnmjc

It was a bit of a challenge to get an account for some reason but I did. I have 2 incredible Heritage guitars. I have a 2001 Heritage Johnny Smith and one of the Ghost Built D'angelico New Yorkers from 1994. They round out my other guitars quite well. In particular the HJS has a real Gibson Johnny Smith tailpiece that was I assume installed after bought by the original owner. I doubt Heritage would do this and it has a floating Bartilini Pickup that is about as good as they get. In fact one of my all time favorites and I have plenty of experience and guitars. I should post a picture. 

1 hour ago, PunkKitty said:

Welcome to the group. And yes, pictures are required. If there are no pics, we assume it's an Epiphone.

Or a Harley-Benton

4 hours ago, bolero said:

Hey, Epiphone made some great guitars before Gibson bought them & drove them into the dirt!

Yeah lets see some pics

The current crop of higher end Epi LP Standards really aren't bad. Same with the 335/339 line.

Pictures are here and a small file of my Heritage D'a. Ignore the cheap Iphone recording but it at least give a shot of what the guitar is. Thank you Marty for the guitar and the opportunity to purchase. It has been shown here before. I have managed in the almost 4 months I have had it to put about 100 of playing time on it and it has opened up. It was pretty much unplayed. The Smith is particularly nice in sound and the neck is perfect. I think of all the specs I like on guitars Johnny was right. A 1 3/4 nut with a 25 inch scale, it provides the perfect balance. Heritage has simply done so much to keep the tradition alive of quality guitars and the archtop Mecca of the world. 

279296945_558331192383376_5858561413328748790_n.jpg

279436476_466242775300411_1452778447612318065_n.jpg

IMG_2269.jpg

IMG_2308.jpg

I did not take picture the former owner did but yes might be a bit dicey on the chair. I have owned 2 Johnny Smith Gibsons and played many, many others, including Johnny's personal one in 1979 on a trip. This Heritage easily sound much better acoustically and full even sound although has the typical Johnny Smith voiced pronounced higher treble sound. 

Just now, Spectrum13 said:

You don't move that Johnny Smith around in that yenta cart do you?

Aside from that, two perfect specimens! 

1 hour ago, dvnmjc said:

I did not take picture the former owner did but yes might be a bit dicey on the chair. I have owned 2 Johnny Smith Gibsons and played many, many others, including Johnny's personal one in 1979 on a trip. This Heritage easily sound much better acoustically and full even sound although has the typical Johnny Smith voiced pronounced higher treble sound. 

Awesome looking Heritage JS.  I'm not surprised it sounds better than some Gibson JS models.  Johnnie Smith moved away from Gibson due to his dissatisfaction with them.  Not sure if it was due to lagging build quality, specs or tone.  But based on what I've read, Mr. Smith worked closely with the Heritage owner/builders to get it right.

Play that beauty in good health, and welcome to the HOC.

Archived