Heritage Owners Club

150CC Parts and pickups

PunkKitty

1 hour ago, blackholegravity said:

Yes, reusing the factory posts and thumb wheels…did you notice a tone difference, the stock bridge seems bright to me, probably because it’s aluminum.

I have used Faber ABRNs and locking stoptail studs on 8-10 guitars in the past.

TO ME, sustain is dramatically increased because everything is locked down with because of no energy loss through loose hardware.   The biggest tonal difference I have noticed is when I replaced the stoptails on my other older Heritage guitars  to aluminum stoptails with the Faber locking stoptail studs.   It really opened up the guitars,,, a lot!!!  The Custom Core guitars use aluminum stoptails already so I didn't have to replace it.   I think the Custom Cores are voiced a little more open and clearer.  Not necessarily brighter but more uncongested,  more like that "a good Tele on steroids" tone.  So the Faber ABRN and locking stoptail studs just added a little more sustain, looks better, and no strings hitting the back of the bridge with the stoptail close to the body.  If the pinnacle bridge looked and had the dimensions of an ABR-1 (or the Faber ABRN) instead of the look and dimensions of a Nashiville bridge, I would have kept it on my CC.  The pinnacle is nice and light, which I liked.  But I hate the look of the large, wide, and clunky Nashvile bridges and then having to deal with the strings hitting the back of the Nashville bridge going to the stoptail.   

I have tried all the different types of hardware (Gotoh, Tonepros, Pinnacle, Callaham, and Faber) and Faber is unquestionably the best.  IMHO, YMMV.

7 minutes ago, Kuz said:

I have used Faber ABRNs and locking stoptail studs on 8-10 guitars in the past.

TO ME, sustain is dramatically increased because everything is locked down with because of no energy loss through loose hardware.   The biggest tonal difference I have noticed is when I replaced the stoptails on my other older Heritage guitars  to aluminum stoptails with the Faber locking stoptail studs.   It really opened up the guitars,,, a lot!!!  The Custom Core guitars use aluminum stoptails already so I didn't have to replace it.   I think the Custom Cores are voiced a little more open and clearer.  Not necessarily brighter but more uncongested,  more like that "a good Tele on steroids" tone.  So the Faber ABRN and locking stoptail studs just added a little more sustain, looks better, and no strings hitting the back of the bridge with the stoptail close to the body.  If the pinnacle bridge looked and had the dimensions of an ABR-1 (or the Faber ABRN) instead of the look and dimensions of a Nashiville bridge, I would have kept it on my CC.  The pinnacle is nice and light, which I liked.  But I hate the look of the large, wide, and clunky Nashvile bridges and then having to deal with the strings hitting the back of the Nashville bridge going to the stoptail.   

I have tried all the different types of hardware (Gotoh, Tonepros, Pinnacle, Callaham, and Faber) and Faber is unquestionably the best.  IMHO, YMMV.

Thanks for the info, next string change, I will swap out the bridge for the ABR-1 style faber I ordered and see what differences I notice.

21 hours ago, blackholegravity said:

Thanks for the info, next string change, I will swap out the bridge for the ABR-1 style faber I ordered and see what differences I notice.

Towards the end of our recent holiday sale customers found we sold out of quite a few items. 

We received many requests to honor the sales price.  Rather than handling these requests on a one by one basis, we have reopened this sale to all for this weekend.   

We are fully restocked, and new orders will ship promptly

Thank you!

Larry Corsa

No coupon required 

Sale ends Sunday, 01-15-2023 at 11:59pm

FaberUSA

3620 W Chew St, Allentown
PA 18104 United States

You received this email because you signed up on our website or made a purchase from us.

Unsubscribe

• 1 month later...

I have bought 2 different sets of Gotohs. The first didn't even come close to fitting. The second fit, but the holes are on the headstock. I have a set of Schallers that will be here in a couple days. I should know better than to go cheap, especially on a Custom Core. Japanese crap. 

On 2/13/2023 at 10:30 PM, ElChoad said:

I have bought 2 different sets of Gotohs. The first didn't even come close to fitting. The second fit, but the holes are on the headstock. I have a set of Schallers that will be here in a couple days. I should know better than to go cheap, especially on a Custom Core. Japanese crap. 

It's not Japan's fault you ordered the wrong parts ??

Too many part numbers with subtle variations out there; I've ran into similar quandaries with Kluson's and Hipshots recently myself. 

Just now, kbp810 said:

It's not Japan's fault you ordered the wrong parts ??

Too many part numbers with subtle variations out there; I've ran into similar quandaries with Kluson's and Hipshots recently myself. 

??? There's always that. I love blaming everyone else for my shortcomings after a few. I have no idea what the second set of Gotohs would be for. Something with a headstock about 1/4" thick, I guess...

2 hours ago, ElChoad said:

??? There's always that. I love blaming everyone else for my shortcomings after a few. I have no idea what the second set of Gotohs would be for. Something with a headstock about 1/4" thick, I guess...

I've built and mordded more guitars than a person ought to, and I can tell you from experience, that Gotoh makes some of the best tuners in the world. And besides, most brands that are sold, other than Schaller as you mentioned, are now made in China. Japanese made Gotohs, especially the 510 series are very high qualit,y and I have compared them directly to Schallers, Grovers, Klusons, and I prefer the Gotohs. All of my Zemaitis guitars have Gotohs and they tune more accurately and smoother than any Heritage or Gibson I own.

These 510 gotohs are 18:1 ratio and came stock on my Zemaitis Custom Shop...

510.jpg.0f9a1cc18c2022b2131a7da22083727b.jpg

I installed these 21:1 Luxury Gotohs on a A22 Superior Zemaitis

444916362_510LuxuryB.jpg.f56bd1082db7cd639d184dbe43ed4b5e.jpg

Another set of 22:1 Luxury Gotohs on my SUJ 101 LTD13 Zemaitis

1672622356_510Luxury.jpg.004a25d36d1c7be506c7d12ed4e306a7.jpg

I used this catalog for ordering and technical info...

https://www.g-gotoh.com/dl/files/Catalog-2021-En.pdf

2 hours ago, rockabilly69 said:

I've built and mordded more guitars than a person ought to, and I can tell you from experience, that Gotoh makes some of the best tuners in the world. And besides, most brands that are sold, other than Schaller as you mentioned, are now made in China. Japanese made Gotohs, especially the 510 series are very high qualit,y and I have compared them directly to Schallers, Grovers, Klusons, and I prefer the Gotohs. All of my Zemaitis guitars have Gotohs and they tune more accurately and smoother than any Heritage or Gibson I own.

These 510 gotohs are 18:1 ratio and came stock on my Zemaitis Custom Shop...

510.jpg.0f9a1cc18c2022b2131a7da22083727b.jpg

I installed these 21:1 Luxury Gotohs on a A22 Superior Zemaitis

444916362_510LuxuryB.jpg.f56bd1082db7cd639d184dbe43ed4b5e.jpg

Another set of 22:1 Luxury Gotohs on my SUJ 101 LTD13 Zemaitis

1672622356_510Luxury.jpg.004a25d36d1c7be506c7d12ed4e306a7.jpg

I used this catalog for ordering and technical info...

https://www.g-gotoh.com/dl/files/Catalog-2021-En.pdf

I still have no idea what the hell the short shaft tuners are supposed to go on. I couldn't put a wrap on them if my life depended on it... ?

7 hours ago, ElChoad said:

I still have no idea what the hell the short shaft tuners are supposed to go on. I couldn't put a wrap on them if my life depended on it... ?

What is the part number of the ones you bought, and what is the thickness of the CC headstock? The orientation is 5 and 7 o'clock so we are halfway there :)

9 hours ago, rockabilly69 said:

What is the part number of the ones you bought, and what is the thickness of the CC headstock? The orientation is 5 and 7 o'clock so we are halfway there :)

I got the tuners from Stratosphere, so I am not sure of their actual numbers. Looking at them in the package, you can see their shafts are about 5/16" shorter than the Grovers I took out of my Standards. The Schallers I tried last night have the same issue with shaft length. I think I will just put the originals back in and call it good. 

On 2/13/2023 at 10:30 PM, ElChoad said:

You bought the wrong Gotohs then.  The most expensive guitars I have ever bought came with Gotohs.  Brent, Yoslate, and myself have all made the switch to Gotohs on our Custom Cores and the machines and the tuning are perfect.  I wouldn't have switched tuning machines on my CC if two of the tuners weren't striped coming new from the dealer. 

2 hours ago, Kuz said:

You bought the wrong Gotohs then.  The most expensive guitars I have ever bought came with Gotohs.  Brent, Yoslate, and myself have all made the switch to Gotohs on our Custom Cores and the machines and the tuning are perfect.  I wouldn't have switched tuning machines on my CC if two of the tuners weren't striped coming new from the dealer. 

It may be where I am getting them from. I know I need 381s. Coming up for sale soon: lots of tuners....?

7 hours ago, bolero said:

Wow I didn't know Larry Corsa ran Faber!

He used to make some very cool LP type guitars that were aimed at the Peter Green type of tone. They had a very cool finish on them too. I had one for awhile and wouldn't mind playing it again. I still like my CC better, but that Corsa LPCG was pretty neat.

Archived